6 Weeks From Start To Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undeadtech

I'm going to a convention in 6 weeks and 3 days, and I'm going to complete a full suit (Mark VI) in that time. I will be posting pics. I'm already 85% complete with an Assault Rifle i started a day ago, it took me 12 hours to cut assemble and put the first two coats of resin on, I plan on painting it in about 3 weeks when every thing else is well into production.

welcome to the site... its a rule around here that wip threads are not aloud without pics... so if you got some decent work on an assault riffle post some pics...

good luck on the 6 week build, its going to be tuff.

DreadMullet said:
welcome to the site... its a rule around here that wip threads are not aloud without pics... so if you got some decent work on an assault riffle post some pics...

good luck on the 6 week build, its going to be tuff.
yeah i will post tomorrow, thanks i need luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet the eyes are going to be on the chief, and only....lol. 6 weeks is a lot of time, you're going to make it, can't wait to see the suit!! Good luck :lol:

speaking of conventions here on the 28th in kansas city MO there is a comic con called the planet con that im going to i went last year it was packed but anyway good luck on the armor build you have a spartan sized task ahead of you.

6 weeks is going to be tough in my opinion. I know that I'm going a bit slow, but I'm about 5 months into building a HD Mark VI and am only getting close to finishing up the fiber glassing step.

Here are the pics of the AR

[attachment=8443:l_61112f...95279838.jpg][attachment=8442:l_e13ac4...bf88ccd5.jp
][attachment=8444:l_fa47fe...e87cbc2e.jpg]

This took 5 hours for me to print cut and assemble. I dont have pics of it right now these are from a day ago, it has 2 coats of resin on it now. i hope to have the boots and hand plates done tonight. (I have never even heard of pepakura until 4 days ago, I am a fine arts major so i know what its like to cram a impossible project, I will definitely be working my ass off.)

spartan114max said:
speaking of conventions here on the 28th in kansas city MO there is a comic con called the planet con that im going to i went last year it was packed but anyway good luck on the armor build you have a spartan sized task ahead of you.
The con I'm going to I have gone to for the past 5 Years, Its called ACEN short for anime central, its in Chicago.

6 weeks?! o_O It sounds crazy, but maybe you'll pull it off :). Are you using the HD files?

Good luck with the project, and looking forward to seeing it! Welcome to the 405th!

Undeadtech said:
Here are the pics of the AR

[attachment=8443:l_61112f...95279838.jpg][attachment=8442:l_e13ac4...bf88ccd5.jp
][attachment=8444:l_fa47fe...e87cbc2e.jpg]
This took 5 hours for me to print cut and assemble. I dont have pics of it right now these are from a day ago, it has 2 coats of resin on it now. i hope to have the boots and hand plates done tonight. (I have never even heard of pepakura until 4 days ago, I am a fine arts major so i know what its like to cram a impossible project, I will definitely be working my ass off.)

wow, the AR is pretty well put together. Low detail or High detail? If it tkes you about 5 hours to put something together, then you'll probably get it painted by the 5th week

pooper said:
6 weeks?! o_O It sounds crazy, but maybe you'll pull it off :). Are you using the HD files?

Good luck with the project, and looking forward to seeing it! Welcome to the 405th!
yeah HD Mark VI

I figure there are 11 pieces, taking 48 hours each from start to finish (just an estimate less for some, more for others). It will take 3.15 weeks time of work, cutting days in half for sleep and school(college), it will take 6.3 weeks, which is what i have. My friends are all so excited to see it finished, but don't think I can do it, I'm going to prove them wrong. And wear it to school on the last day. (I play WOW and i'm not going to play for 6 weeks, I might just die.)

Sounds like you have a plan, which is good. As I said before, you might pull it off. But there are things you have to take into consideration, like the weather for example. If you plan on resining and fiberglassing outside, bad weather can be a major drawback on time (you may already know this, I'm just saying). Not trying to discourage ya, just have a back up plan.

he can pull it off i made my mark V in 2 weeks for a con. might wanna use some extra resin on it. ;)

pooper said:
Sounds like you have a plan, which is good. As I said before, you might pull it off. But there are things you have to take into consideration, like the weather for example. If you plan on resining and fiberglassing outside, bad weather can be a major drawback on time (you may already know this, I'm just saying). Not trying to discourage ya, just have a back up plan.
I took the weather into consideration, i have a 3 stall connected garage, it has an exhaust fan in the roof(dad is a mechanic), the garage is also heated, so its not really a factor. At 4 PM today I will begin construction, I plan on working till about 2AM, because I have class at 7AM, both boots and hand plates will be constructed before I sleep.This is going to be an amazingly difficult task, but I'm determined. So I'm going for it. (y)

The fully resined Assault Rifle
[attachment=8460:resined_handle.jpg]
(3 coats, with some fiberglass cloth on the hand for extra protection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back