6 Weeks From Start To Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syphon said:
i agree, bondo isn't really necessary, i think another way you can smooth your armor is to just add another layer or two of fiberglass to the inside, then sand through the paper to get rid of the square edges and make the armor look smoother and more realistic. that is actually the first way i learned to do it, but people started using bondo before i made my first piece so i never got to try it out, hope that helps a bit, best of luck to ya
Thats a really good idea to sand throught the paper to smooth it i will do that. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's some fast work. I've been doing my rifle for months now and I haven't even gotten past my first step yet! I guess I'm just a slow worker, but I've spent most of the time using electronics. Damn that looks nice by the way.

if you actually finish this on time, and the finished product looks as good as the parts that you are showing now then I will officially hate you :mad:

Lord of Midgard said:
if you actually finish this on time, and the finished product looks as good as the parts that you are showing now then I will officially hate you :mad:
funny you say that
[attachment=8584:03_30_09_1404.jpg]
helmet is finished

The helmet is fully resined and drying, the right shoulder is under construction, and the right forearm is half way resined

I finished the right thigh today during my lunch at school.

P.S. how do i get one of those progress pictures that everyone has in there sig

lookin good, keep up the break neck speed lol, im getting close to getting all mine pepped, then im gonna try to resin it all at the same time, prom is May 2nd, how much time you have left for yours?

Syphon said:
lookin good, keep up the break neck speed lol, im getting close to getting all mine pepped, then im gonna try to resin it all at the same time, prom is May 2nd, how much time you have left for yours?
the con is on may 8th, so i've got a week longer than you

I decided to go with lo-def calves, thighs, and forearms just for time sake.
[attachment=8842:04_06_09_2047.jpg]
[attachment=8843:04_06_09_2048.jpg]
My brother wearing the left leg, we are the same size
[attachment=8844:04_08_09_1420.jpg]
both legs and both arms are resined all that is left is the chest and waist piece. which I will be doing this week.

wow! do you not sleep?! this is impressive! i would say going with high deff peps will make the detailing easier and quicker in the longrun!

that said, i'm jealous, very, very, very jealous!

very nice im doing the same thang but mine is for camp im a counselor so thats how im going to wake up the kids lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back