.99¢ LED tiny flashlight w/batteries for your helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Ken

Jr Member
Hey guys and gals, HARBOR FREIGHT has these on sale:

96338.gif

2" x 3/8" LED flashlight. Should be simple enough to fit these tiny things into your helmet. I ordered 12 myself to use in other projects. Get them while they're on sale. A little hot glue and you're in business. Of coarse you'll have to turn each one on unless you wire them up to a central switch.

I'll post up my installation once I get my order.

Screw that, I bought a 20 led light flash light which runs off 1 large battery, I forget the size, the one thats double of an AA, It's been running for 3-4 years now without a battery change, and it's running off a old battery with low power.

But then again for the price you listed that is very cheap compared to buying everything seperate, it cost 2-3 dollars for a led itself, cheaper to buy a cheap flashlight.

I just went to Radio Shack to price LED's and they want $5.98 for ONE white LED... no switch... no batteries... no battery holder. Hard to beat a price of $0.99 for everything but thanks for the input, I'm just trying to help here.

Ya, I agree buying the flash light is better than buying the single leds, if the led in the light is enough then just get that and buy some cheap wire and solder, then just wire the led's contacts longer to where you want them, and glue/tape the flash light base inside the helmet, there will be 2 switches if you use 2 flashlights, unless you rewire them together.

That is awesome, how long do you think the price will be so low?

I wanna get some, those would be perfect to get first before i start my helmet.

MJOLNIR Warrior said:
That is awesome, how long do you think the price will be so low?

I wanna get some, those would be perfect to get first before i start my helmet.

I just found it... don't know how long it will last. They are charging $6.99 for shipping 1 or 12 of them. I went ahead and ordered 12 to make it worth it. I have other projects I may use them on. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back