A Call Out For Help For A Friend - Please Read...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bumping for great justice!

i really hope she gets well, even for just a little bit, i understand cancer is very hard to remove, especially this late.

my thoughts and best wishes go out to her and to her family.

I have read the description and I think there are some factors that depend of her health
*how she fights with the medicine(it doesn't depend of the power of the medicine,the body how fights with them)!
*the power of the medicines(an important value,the body cannot use very powerful[it's risky to do this])!!

and some observations I made
**5 chemotherapies is very risky too(the body or the disease dies)!!!
** this disease gives multiple"shots" that are weakening the body(that means aggressive at this disease) !!!DANGER!!!
**small living rate (the disease shows growing power in the pain and from there comes the living rate)

Even if these things mentioned above show a grave situation my opinion is
Don't lose your hope.Losing your hope is like fighting an losing battle.

May God save her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to help but for now all i can do is keep her in my prayer... I don't have a job yet and my shed was destroyed during Ike (my mom says that the insuarnce people are coming out to look at the damage but that was 4 days ago) yeah but if i can get some cash on my hands ill be sure to keep a little off to the side for her, anything for a fellow armor maker

I'm not too religious,,

but I don't care - she will be in my prayers.

I passed this on to my friend too, who passed it on to her church, and then the whole lot prayed for Pam, so I hope that helps.

Hope everything gets better soon,,

Beth :]

I wanted to give you guys an update straight from the man himself :)

It's a good one,

Pam's Condition -

The day before yesterday it was confirmed that Pam is now officially in *REMISSION* from her initial cancer diagnosis from February of this year.
She just went through a battery of tests, including a Cranial MRI and head to toe PET scan. No metastasis of the small cell cancer was found. This is the very first round of tests that showed absolutely no increased metabolic activity. So as of this moment, she is in remission. The only potential bad with this great news, is that the type of cancer she has is known to return in shot order. So she must now be screened once a month for a while, then it will be every three months, then to 6 months, then to annually. For a total of 5 years.

With this news however, comes some not so good news. It seems that the treatment has damaged her heart. We're seeing a cardiologist at this time to find out more. She is going through a battery of new tests all this week. It seems that this may have been the cause of the episodes of passing out. If it is what is suspected, she may need a pacemaker, or possibly worse. But we don't want to go there yet until we have all of the facts. Lets hope that whatever it is, it can be treated non invasively so that she has the best odds of returning to the life she once knew, a full recovery without the aid of more implants.

This last 2 weeks has been a milestone. With all of this, also came the moment of truth with her feeding tube. It had to be removed on Monday. The good news, is she's able to eat enough to sustain herself without the aid of that contraption now, with a few nutrition drink supplements. She's now free of being tethered to a machine !

I really wanted to post all of this a little sooner, but I really wanted as many facts as possible before I did. I wanted it to be read here first, as you are more important to me than Pam's Website. So instead of jumping the gun last night like I ALMOST did, I waited for some of her dermatological tests to come back. Sure enough, today we found out that the last 8 skin biopsies came back positive for Melanoma. That's 11 total now. But it pales in comparison to the type of cancer that she just conquered. They've all been caught early. So she will be observed, the same as her primary cancer will be.

It has indeed been a grueling year. But it seems that we may finally be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. It is a horrible cancer that she has been stricken with, and with all of the ups and downs, and MANY close calls it appears that she is beating the odds. And I cannot help but think that the family I call Thedentedhelmet forums (as well as other forums, many others) are at LEAST partially responsible.

I have been struggling to find words that can describe what I'm feeling, to thank you all. I still cannot. But I want to say as best I can here and now, THANK YOU to all of you for all of your support and encouragement over these recent months. You have not only helped Pam in her struggle, but you've helped me too in so many ways. I'm not sure how I would have seen this through until now without you all. From those that I consider the closest of personal friends, to those that don't know me and offered their hand in spite of that fact, even those that I may have not been on the best terms with. I have seen humanity at it's best. I like to think that I've lived a lot of my life with a "Pay-it-Forward" sensibility, even before the movie ever existed. So if I cannot find a way to thank each and everyone one of you - at least take comfort in knowing that I will pay it forward, every chance I get. Thank you everyone. From the bottom of my heart.

Is there an update? I am so happy things got a lil better. I went to the site but it is under construction. Is there still a way to donate?

Ithica

Ithica said:
Is there an update? I am so happy things got a lil better. I went to the site but it is under construction. Is there still a way to donate?

Ithica

Pm sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way you can repost the link of the website that had the updates? I remembered the first link could get you to there, but now the link doesn't direct me there anymore.

I lost a friend to cancer I know how hard it is for you. I had to sit and watch my friend die day by day because the family had kept it away from everyone and wouldn't accept any help from anyone I went and took my turn to watch him at the hospital and it was the longest and hardest watch I could have ever done in my life The doctors couldn't find a reason why he died so early on in the cancer treatment but my guess is that he just lost the will to fight the cancer. So keep on giving help to Pam, God will help but we have to do our part first.

I'm not much of a religious person but I will pray just for Pam. Sorry I cant send money

No one should never go through that much pain and agony.

She will be in my prayers.

Hope she gets better.

I like many other have lost someone close to them of cancer. I had a best friend that passed away 3 days after his 19 bday he fought the cancer amd beat it. he went into rehab for 2 years and got to go home he was there for 4 months when they found out they missed some and at that point it was too late and he lost his will to live. i know the pain of cancer and cant wait till they are able to cure this so no one else has to go through it. i still have his pic in a frame hanging in my house.

My best wishes go out to these people and i hope things stay on the up and up...

Sorry to hear about your friends battle, i can not send money

(sorry) and im not the religious type but for this cercumstance and a for a fellow 405th member i will be praying for her

hope she gets better :)

Sad story........to bad I can't get an update because FParmor doesn't have any updates about it and I can't talk with darkesword considering he is not going to be on the forum after the thread about him recasting. Sorry if this is a necro-post, although a lot of forums(at least the ones I've been on) don't count in the necro-post rules on a stickied thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back