A Good Stand For When Using Resin

Status
Not open for further replies.

andmanpro

my armor is fully pepped and im getting ready to resin it....but i am drawing up major blanks for what to use as a stand.

anyone got any suggestions on maybe a cheap purchase or maybe a design they made from scrap wood?(seeing as how i have about 50 pounds of scrap wood in my back yard :p)

A roll of paper towels works good for the default helmet, but that when there aren't supports on it. I usually tape a string on a center support and tape the other end to an old table in my garage. I put a tarp down to keep drips from being on the ground.

That way you can spin and adjust it when ever to get every spot.

I use a guitar stand like this:

[attachment=11450:GuitarStand450819.jpg]

I put the helmet on the top part while resinig it, and it does not move. you could also hold other armor peices suspended in air by using those bottom prongs. tell me if im not making any sense lol

dude the guitar stand is an amazing idea. i actually have a mic stand i may try. that or i will string it from the roof and floor so its just suspended

ii personally use either a wine bottle (for larger pieces like helmets) or a smaller bottle like a beer bottle or a jones bottle ( for smaller pieces like the marine shins and the such). just tape your piece to the bottle and use the support struts to keep it up right.

Harry Potter 7 (wrapped in tin foil for protection) is the BEST stand for a helmet being worked on or for display!

Tandhem said:
Harry Potter 7 (wrapped in tin foil for protection) is the BEST stand for a helmet being worked on or for display!

>.> lol you had to bring Harry into this huh? what i use for my helmets i make a stand similar to the guitar stand and make a box(ish) center at the top and set the helmet on that it actually worked the first time but sauskae my cat decided to play in my helmet >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
I run a clothesline through my garage and use wire hangers and shape them as needed for the piece, little trick for the helmets for keeping their basic shape is to inflate a balloon inside them (not enough to push the folds out or anything, just enough).

Cheers,

Kensai

kensai111 said:
...little trick for the helmets for keeping their basic shape is to inflate a balloon inside them (not enough to push the folds out or anything, just enough).

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing that great tip!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back