A Metal MK V or MK V(B) being made by Welding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would try to keep the helmet, and don't give it to the teacher (only for the points, but ask it right back) I don't thrust those teachers :p

I showed one of my helmets at school, the teacher "accidentally" dropped it, god thank the sturdy fiberglass and resin :p

question, how would I attach the visor to the helmet? Do I weld it on or what? Do I have to mod the visor in a way to make it more realistic for a Halo helmet?

question, how would I attach the visor to the helmet? Do I weld it on or what? Do I have to mod the visor in a way to make it more realistic for a Halo helmet?

Well im no expert on welding, but wouldnt welding a plastic visor just melt it and acomplish nothing? Epoxy or any other type of strong glue would work fine (although, i dont know how well epoxy sticks to metal. It should work ok though). Also, theres people who have attached their visors by mounting them in with brackets and screws and what not, but I glued my visor in, so dont ask me about that method. And as for modifying a visor, you can get two visors and cut them to get a two visor effect, but its really not necessary. As long as you get a decent enough visor, it should look fine. Also, If you want a tutorial on the two visor method, check this out. Its a tutorial on painting a see through visor (by redshirt), but look through it a little, theres a section about making a double visor.
Hope this helps!

Most of the Star Wars costumers use hot glue. Don't do it all the way aroun,d just at the corners and major points around. That will provide a small space around the visor to help with air flow.

You can use velcro to attach it to the helm, that way it is easily removable. Just use a very strong glue to attach the velcro to the helm.

You might check out Wickedbeard's stuff at the dented helmet forums. He uses sheet metal for Fett armor. Rivet the visor to the helmet. If it needs to withstand paintball impacts, it should be riveted. I don't see a reason to alter a pep file at all, just print without tabs, cut it out, bend where it needs it, and weld the seams. You might want to build the same one from paper to make sure you can get to "problem areas" when welding.
dsonicandpigeonfarmboy002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back