A Question For The Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

nynjamasta

Jr Member
I wanted to ask for permission to start a purely theoretical topic the would discuss the possiblity and different methods of making the halo universe weapons a reality. I am currently working on the designs for a brute shot and would have liked to talk to my fellow 405th members on several problems that I am encountering.

Obviously this would be a topic that generally would not be a very safe one, but I intend it to be purely theoretical. I would understand it if you said no.

Thanks in advance.

any projectile weapon other than covenant plasma weapons (carbine, sniper, plasma pistol and plasma rifle) all others can be made with real results. it isnt recomended from what i know on this site. if its for airsoft or painball modify a existing weapon to look like a halo weapon. no leathal bullets or rockets can be used in design of a prop weapon. so no fireing mechanizm.

CommanderFluffy said:
any projectile weapon other than covenant plasma weapons (carbine, sniper, plasma pistol and plasma rifle) all others can be made with real results. it isnt recomended from what i know on this site. if its for airsoft or painball modify a existing weapon to look like a halo weapon. no leathal bullets or rockets can be used in design of a prop weapon. so no fireing mechanizm.

Yes, but this is all just theoretical thinking. That is why I posted this topic, to ask the mods.

And to the idea of plasma weapons, plasma is EXTREMLY HOT. you would have to have a mini nuclear reacter in the gun to keep it at a consistant temperture. So not yet :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i understand that its a theoretical topic. but if your really thinking the only theory can be done on plasma weapons. everything can be done and if any sort of blueprints or designs to build a fireing system in a prop can be used against this site's admins/mods in a court of law as provideing the means to make weapons for leathal force. anything even a theoretical thing can be used as a incentive to build or attempt to build a leathal weapon or weapon of any sort.

so in otherwords. no. and if your looking for ways to theoreticly contain and produce some sort of plama gun thing. id say you'd need to go find some scientists for that.

Concepts and discussion behind those ideas should be alright. Just nothing along the lines of "How to build this or that" that may potentially be lethal.

I think it's ok to discuss IDEAS on how to make prop weapons ACT like the real thing, but NOT FUNCTION like the real thing. I think there was a Torque Bow thread that did just that not long ago.

Either way it seems you've already started the thread here. Just re-name it. No need to start a new topic/thread.

I will check in on occasion to make sure you stay in the intended direction of the topic.

Ok, since I got a rough ok from 23 magnum, i wanted to throw out the idea of creating a brute shot that shoots morters(ooh, pretty colors :) ) But before I get into any detail on that topic, i am going to wait for 23's OK since morters ARE a type of grenade.

Another idea I have is for the plasma pistol and the plasma rifle. To create the fealing of "charging" the pistol, why not put a couple of bright LEDs on the end of the pistle/rifle so that the longer you hold the trigger, the brighter the light will get. The idea could use some work, but its a start.

Allow me clarify.

Creating means about the same thing as building. Since you're talking about creating something that will use LIVE ammo, that's a no-no.

Sorry. We can't condone showing people how to build weapons that could be used in a lethal manner. No brute shot that shoots morters.

The plasma pistol/rifle ideas are ok though.

I do like the idea of LEDs for the plasma weps...and the mortar launchin' brute but hey, can't always have what you want.

I myself have been toying with the idea of making a splaser with a coil gun built in, for those who are curious a coil gun is about the same as the MAC guns used in the halo universe...but can't say anymore to that idea.

Another idea for the SPARTAN Laser could be use to design/build a T-shirt launcher of sorts and incorporate it into the build, such as Loess and LeeKegan want to do with their SPNKr builds.

Wouldn't be able to fire live projectiles (which is a good thing, imho), but that would add a little more real-world functionality to such a prop.

As for the Covenant plasma-based weapons, I agree LEDs or EL wire would be the best way to simulate the proper appearance. It's worked wonders on Sean Bradley and thatdeacde's Plasma Sword project :cool

First off, a mortar launcher would be a very, very bad idea. I mean bad. That one should just be thrown out for several reasons. Mortars can explode in their tubes, mortars tubes need to be strong, mortar tubes get junked up from the "exhaust", mortars should ALWAYS go straight up to avoid fires and hurting people. I just can't see that ending well, and I highly doubt the mods would have okay-ed it anyway. I believe that coil guns would not be allowed to me discussed, but lets see what the mods say.

You guys are really making this more difficult than it needs to be. So I'll just say, discuss your ideas. Just don't post how to build this or that if its purpose is meant to be a lethal one.

23Magnum said:
You guys are really making this more difficult than it needs to be. So I'll just say, discuss your ideas. Just don't post how to build this or that if its purpose is meant to be a lethal one.

I agree. How about we have none of THIS anymore on this topic.

Robby said:
First off, a mortar launcher would be a very, very bad idea. I mean bad. That one should just be thrown out for several reasons. Mortars can explode in their tubes, mortars tubes need to be strong, mortar tubes get junked up from the "exhaust", mortars should ALWAYS go straight up to avoid fires and hurting people. I just can't see that ending well, and I highly doubt the mods would have okay-ed it anyway. I believe that coil guns would not be allowed to me discussed, but lets see what the mods say.

So we know we can have no real PROJECTILE weapons. That doesn't mean just trash anything said before. don't be haten.PLEASE?

I think the best way to simulate shooting a gun is to have brief spirts of fire/sparks/light coming out of the tip of the weapon. how you would do that is beyond me at the moment and obviously some weapons are all but impossible to make, but with the help of the 405th members, anythings possible. :)

A plasma-rifle like weapon wouldn't actually be too difficult to build.

Google "coil gun" or "rail gun". With the right voltages and a copper chlorinate (?) soaked wire fed ammo system, you can build a device that will vaporize the metal (giving you a very brief plasma state), give off a brilliant blue flash (or maybe I'm thinking of a cobalt solution, I can't remember exactly), and makes a loud CRACK. House that in a carbine shell, and you have a very lifelike prop. Dangerous, sure, but probably not lethal unless you electrocuted yourself.

Disclaimer - Don't try to build this. I highly doubt any of you know wtf you're doing when it comes to complex electrical systems. Unless you have an ECE degree and a deathwish, stay away.

Yodajammies said:
A plasma-rifle like weapon wouldn't actually be too difficult to build.

Google "coil gun" or "rail gun". With the right voltages and a copper chlorinate (?) soaked wire fed ammo system, you can build a device that will vaporize the metal (giving you a very brief plasma state), give off a brilliant blue flash (or maybe I'm thinking of a cobalt solution, I can't remember exactly), and makes a loud CRACK. House that in a carbine shell, and you have a very lifelike prop. Dangerous, sure, but probably not lethal unless you electrocuted yourself.

Disclaimer - Don't try to build this. I highly doubt any of you know wtf you're doing when it comes to complex electrical systems. Unless you have an ECE degree and a deathwish, stay away.

It does sound like a good idea, to bad its to dangerous to actually do :(. only thing is, unless you can SHOOT that plasma, you can get the same flash with leds.

well i always thought of simulateing muzzel flashes. get a crap load of little fire crackers or flunit and every time the trigger is pulled a strikeing mechanisam engights the flash at the tip. nothing comes out but sparks and a flash and a pop.

I saw a Splazer new in the box yesterday. I even took a pic with my phone.

untitled-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back