a question on the mark 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no, body pieces are easy, helmet people say is harder, but in my opinion, the new halo 3 armor is harder, more detail in the pep files and such.

I haven't seen the actual model much, but considering the MK IV is earlier, I don't see why it wouldn't be easier. Although, there are more reference pics of the Mk V so that might be easier for detailing as well.

is there a mark 4? ill ive seen are the mark v and the mark vi...
maybe somebodys getting confused and mistakingly said mark iv instead of mark vi?

I thought it was the original halo game's armor.

Google images is showing me the mk4 is the halo 2 armor, I'm getting a bunch of halo 2/3 screenshots, mostly 2 though.

how can halo CE be mark 4? thats the mark 5 and they upgraded to mark 6 in halo 2 and they kept mark 6 in halo 3 as well, excluding multiplayer custom character armors.

Halo 1:
Mark V; Mark 5; Mk V; Mk 5
Halo 2 and 3
Mark VI; Mark 6; Mk VI: Mk 6

The Mk 4 armor was NEVER in a Halo game. There have been the Mk 5 and 6 only. Anywhere you have seen that says one of the Halo games had the Mk IV was a spelling error.

Robogenisis said:
Halo 1:
Mark V; Mark 5; Mk V; Mk 5
Halo 2 and 3
Mark VI; Mark 6; Mk VI: Mk 6

The Mk 4 armor was NEVER in a Halo game. There have been the Mk 5 and 6 only. Anywhere you have seen that says one of the Halo games had the Mk IV was a spelling error.
oddly enough after staring at both the halo 2 and halo 3 armours there are alot of subtle differences. and its not just the different poly counts and texture sizes. i wouldnt be supprised if the halo 3 armour turns out to be a mish mash of a mark 7 and a mark 6 if not just a whole mark 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the Halo 2 and Halo 3 models and textures are a bit different. But they weren't going to use the same models and textures in Halo 3 as they did in Halo 2. That would be... Horrible. To say the least.
They just remodeled it, and added some minor details to make it look better and more realistic.

The only Halo game so far that the Mark IV(4)'s been in is Halo Wars. Here it references the Mark IV as being the armor that the Spartans wear in the game.

Mk. 1

Mk. 2

Mk. 3

_______ Books Only

Mk. 4
_______ Books and Games *Halo Wars*

Mk. 5

Mk. 6
_______ Books and Games

Basic Spartan Armor Types and Games/Books.

-Joe

MC PwN 3R said:
is there a mark 4? ill ive seen are the mark v and the mark vi...
maybe somebodys getting confused and mistakingly said mark iv instead of mark vi?

How stupid are you!? if there is 5 and 6 there also must be 1,2,3 and 4 (+all prototypes).

And the Mark 4 is in Halo wars.

-Finnish

No need to get snappy, it was a legitimate question.

I think robogenisis put it best. There was no MKIV in the games, so your partially correct.

It's susposed to be in the prequel stages of halo, ie halo wars.

The Halopedia article on the armor.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Mjolnir

My summary:

The MK I was essentially an armored exeskeleton, which never saw the frontlines. The MK II was the strongest, but it still had to be plugged in. The MK III improved on the power problem, but as it recieved power like the orbital MAC guns, it was still vulnerable. The MK IV. This is where it gets good. For those of you who have read the books, Dr. Halsey, the creator of the SPARTAN - II program, took control of the MJOLNIR program for this version. by the time this version was even designed, humanity had been at war with the Covenant for a while. The armor did feature many of the amenities of the V and VI, but lacked in areas, especially shielding.We're all familiar with the V and VI. Also, the armor version DID NOT change between Halo 2 and 3. As far as I know, there is no MK VII armor. Any questions, I'll answer them.

-FireDrakeArchon

(yes, i do see myself as an MJOLNIR guru)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back