A Star Wars, live action TV show?... ZOMG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter Spase

Heard it on the radio talk show, and googled it and found several news reports confirmed by G.L. that he is, in fact, going to make a Star Wars based Live action television show.... I hope for all the 501st out there it either centers on the imperial remanent after RoJ, or is based in a time when the Troopers were around... I can see it now, a line of 3000 501st members, all geared up, waiting for casting calls to be extras....

Yeah but after watching Ep 3, do you think he'll go back to real actors? Nearly every trooper in that movie was CG.

I've been looking forward to it since it was a rumor, though. Hopefully it gets made well...

Is that A confirmation from sources inside?... or are you just hoping they will fill the 16 year gap with stroies about characters that weren't in the movies... What I read is they are not including any of the movie main characters... skywalkers.. nope... Chewi and Han... nope.. Leia, Vader, nope... basically its an off shoot... and they may have minor movie characters play cameos... but thats all the New Report said was going to happen...

That and there are 100, 1 hour episodes orderd, with a branch off of 4 shows possible, bring it to 400 hours of Extended universe footage...
and I don't know if you saw it last time... but I can't PM you, I did Email you though...

Spase said:
Is that A confirmation from sources inside?... or are you just hoping they will fill the 16 year gap with stroies about characters that weren't in the movies... What I read is they are not including any of the movie main characters... skywalkers.. nope... Chewi and Han... nope.. Leia, Vader, nope... basically its an off shoot... and they may have minor movie characters play cameos... but thats all the New Report said was going to happen...

That and there are 100, 1 hour episodes orderd, with a branch off of 4 shows possible, bring it to 400 hours of Extended universe footage...
and I don't know if you saw it last time... but I can't PM you, I did Email you though...

According to various interviews, Lucas and McCallum have both said the TV series won't focus on any "main" characters, but many smaller characters would appear. I believe you're right about the 100 episodes at 1 hour, but as I understood it they hadn't actually been ordered yet, but rather 100 episodes was the goal that Lucas and McCallum were shooting for. Star Wars.com has a collection of tidbits, and if you're really curious, you can always check out Wookiepdeia. (Take everything there with a grain of salt, of course, it is still a wiki.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be 150 episodes, filmed in Sydney, Australia (Why you ask?...Cheap as chips). At Fox Studios, Moore Park next to the football stadium. That's what it said in "The Daily Telegraph" (Australian Newspaper), some time ago and they were after some extras at the time.

I would have love to have been part of it, but the pay was......crap and the hours were long.

1ManBattalion said:
It'll be 150 episodes, filmed in Sydney, Australia (Why you ask?...Cheap as chips). At Fox Studios, Moore Park next to the football stadium. That's what it said in "The Daily Telegraph" (Australian Newspaper), some time ago and they were after some extras at the time.

I would have love to have been part of it, but the pay was......crap and the hours were long.

I find that quite odd - not the part about it being filmed there, that's fairly standard for most things these days. But since they're only supposed to start casting in early '08, I can't think that they would put out a call for extras until at least then. Usually, the call doesn't go out until each episode actually begins filming.

Last edited by a moderator:
as far as i can gather they have got daniel logan in question...which bassically mean that at least 1 of the episodes wil;l be based on boba's life during that 16 year black hole....whihc in my mind is the BEST thign they could EVER do with that series....the more mando's that we get to see the better in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back