Add The Flood To Your Costume / Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yodajammies

Every year at the state fair you see these little kids with foam lizards or dogs attached to a flexible wire.

What if someone were to build a flood infection form, stick it on the end of that wire, and chase it around with an AR. I bet that would be fantastically hilarious.

Get on it 405th. Take video.

that's a hilarious idea, hahaha, but the the normal infected are the size of regular humans, that'd be hard to do with the concept you're thinking of, lol.

the infected sorta look like the zombie creatures from dead space so we could kill 2 birds with one stone if there was someone cosplaying as one of those creatures, lol

Yuki-Kedamono said:
that's a hilarious idea, hahaha, but the the normal infected are the size of regular humans, that'd be hard to do with the concept you're thinking of, lol.

the infected sorta look like the zombie creatures from dead space so we could kill 2 birds with one stone if there was someone cosplaying as one of those creatures, lol

Infection form is only 2' tall - the spores, not the infected Combat form. Even 2' seems tall though, maybe they'd have to be smaller.

Looks like this site: HERE might do custom pieces if someone were so inclined to get some made up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a few infection forms on wires would be awesome, and you could stick them around for photoshoots, adding to hilarity. You can get that light type of foam at a lot of craft and hobby stores I've seen, and it's not like wire is in short supply. I'm sure one could be made with a bit of cutting, gluing, and paint.

There was this one website dedicated to Half life 2 plushies. It's existed since before the 405th, and has closed down since. It used pepakura to create patterns of cloth to cut out and sew together. They basically ripped the game model, unfolded it, transferred the patterns onto cloth, sewed it together, turned it inside out, and stuffed it.

Well if someone makes a pep file of the infection form, I'll cut it out of fabric and build one.

- Adulese

Haven't heard/seen Vrogy in a while, I know he was a DCon but, even his site is "dead."

I think expanding foam would work great in adding that flood look to your armor. Just need to find some paint.

HaloFreakX said:
Haven't heard/seen Vrogy in a while, I know he was a DCon but, even his site is "dead."

I think expanding foam would work great in adding that flood look to your armor. Just need to find some paint.

I've heard he's done a lot of research on Call of Duty 5 modding, unless there's a different Michael Vroegop that nobody knows about

Now this ROCKS! I now have a project to sew with my new sewing machine! :D I got it last christmas and haven't used it yet. Now I can break it in! haha I'm just wondering what I should use to color it.......hmmmm........

Yodajammies said:
Every year at the state fair you see these little kids with foam lizards or dogs attached to a flexible wire.

What if someone were to build a flood infection form, stick it on the end of that wire, and chase it around with an AR. I bet that would be fantastically hilarious.

Get on it 405th. Take video.

how about a r/c car with a flood type skin on it ?? a radio shack car would work low budget...

...maybe, but then you gotta have someone controlling it (not a problem, I'd love to control a flood) But even the basic infection forms use tenticals so unless you use some sort of Plexiglas wheels (so you can't hardly see them) or you create a jet-propelled flood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back