**AF200Xl's Pep BR**

Status
Not open for further replies.

AF200XL

Jr Member
[attachment=1984:IMAGE_00195.jpg][attachment=1983:IMAGE_00196.jpg][attachment=19
2:IMAGE_00193.jpg]well here it is this took me little over 4 hours... still have to resin, minor bondo, and rig up a way to make the mag go in and be able to reload.... im thinking magnets :) then attach the scope then a LED counter :) what do ya all think of it so far??

Looking sharp. If I was you I would not use that scope on that build. It looks a little to big. Maybe a cheap Tasco red dot scope. they are like 29 bucks at most, then make some cowlings to slip on both ends of it to give it more body and appropriate shape.

Barring using any type of real scope maybe make a replica out of PVC and clay. that way you could get the perfect looking scope.

Magnets will work perfectly, I used high power ones In my MA5K build and I am very pleased with them. Keep up the good work I want to see more pics of this as you get it done.

Edit: is that clown punchers Pep file or someone else's?

thx for the complemts :) its clown punchers... the barrle is not yet attached i just sliped a rod i found my my garage in there just for the looks for the picture :) and the scope is just for pic as well tho i kinda like it. its big yeah but its high powered... i have the redot scope that you speak of but ,eh i like the zoom ability :) :D 1 question tho; how does one resin the inside of the gun??? do i just pour resin into a hole and fill it up or what? plz help me! thx again for all the help:)

I have seen where people mix up a batch of 50% resin and 50% Bondo calling in rondo and use that to fill in from a hole. this is after several coats of resin to the outside. I have never done it myself yet. But anything that would set up and harden inside it should work within reason.

In one thread I herd of someone resining the outside then using a dremel to cut the weapon in half then resining and fiber glassing the inside, then gluing the two half's together. Time to hit the pepakura masters up for some questions.

Okay here's a response to the last three posts...to fill it, if you pored in that much resin, it would first cost you about 20 bucks, and ruin the rifle as thats too much liquid even for cardstock to handle. As for the rondo (actually called mud), due to its setting time, it'd be difficult to get it to fill all the nooks and crannies of the inside of the rifle before it set. The best way to do it is resin the outside (to make it stiff enough to cut with a dremel with a cutting wheel), cut in half, fiberglass inside, then epoxy it back together. If your worried about it sounding hollow (strength is not really an issue with fiberglass), try filling each half WHILE STILL IN TWO PIECES with great stuff, let it dry, then cut it down so the half's fit together. If you tried to great stuff and un-fiberglassed closed weapon....CRACK DRIBBLE DRIBBLE. Then you cry.

FOR ANY HELP ON FIBERGLASSING OR BONDOING (NOT SCALING OR MAKING THE PEPAKURA PIECES) JUST LET ME KNOW!

thx chef! how many coats of resin should put on the outside before cutting?? and the Great stuff does it expand or any thing i should be worried? and finaly how easy will the great stuff be to modify enough to where i can put the removeable clip in?? can it support the magnets im going to use and all that good stuff? thx for all the help

50% resin and 50% Bondo calling in rondo
Where I come from thats called a milkshake, anyway, get yourself a test pot of Smooth On's SC roto. pour some in and slush it around, its a purpose made roto casting resin, and kicks in about 4 mins, I have a helmet made of it, its really quite strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
NZ-TK said:
Where I come from thats called a milkshake, anyway, get yourself a test pot of Smooth On's SC roto. pour some in and slush it around, its a purpose made roto casting resin, and kicks in about 4 mins, I have a helmet made of it, its really quite strong.

Idk if the roto solution will adhere to the paper...its not designed to. And AF200XL, use 2 coats, as long as the rifle is in two open halves when u fill it with great stuff you will not have to worry about bursting from expansion, and the dried great stuff can be cut with a serrated knife. Idk if the magnet will shift from repeated use, or if the shell will warp. IF your worried, resin outside two coats, glue magnets in place, Great stuff, then close up. It a magnet were to ever break loose, it might compress foam over time and cause it to make a cavity. Why do u want to Great Stuff instead of fiberglass?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back