After Halo Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge Christi

Everyone wants to know the answer to the question...
What happens after Halo Wars?

Will that be the final end to the halo franchise?
Will this be the last time we play as a spartan/elite?

I have a theory that's backed by some things I've been reading.

Epic games (creators of Gears of War) and Bungie (Halo 1, 2, and 3) have made a deal to release a game the year after each other.
For example:
2006-Gears of War
2007-Halo 3
2008- Gears of War 2
2009- Halo Wars
2010- ??? (Epic games)
2011- ??? (Bungie)

Also, after the little split from Microsoft, there was several things that indicated that they might just be making more halo games.
For one, Microsoft and Bungie said it will be looking forward to future halo gameS.
I capitalized the S to show that it means there will be more than one game.

If you think about it, the books continue and the game developers left out the beginning stages of the Spartan II program. The next games could be, like Halo Wars, prequels to Halo. MC's story is quite interesting and so is the fact that he has 30+ other Spartans on his side. That'd bump game play up a notch.

Anywho, just thought I'd share.

Sarge Christi said:
2006-Gears of War
2007-Halo 3
2008- Gears of War 2
2009- Halo Wars
2010- ??? (Epic games)
2011- ??? (Bungie)

Halo Wars Comes out Early 2008 There is a flier in the collectors edition proving it.... But gears of war is a cool game!

Last edited by a moderator:
then maybe it was the other way around.
lol
they told each other they'd release a year after each other.
I have a convo with a nerd at gamestop about it in the summer.

If I'm not making sense, I am extremely tired, I apologize.

Well Epic is on task with their latest project: Too Human. So I dont think the next Gears will come for a while. I mean, Epic's still basking in the light from Gears of War. As for Bungie, since the split with Microsoft, it'll be interesting to see what is next for them. But I wouldn't be surprised if they became an indie developer instead of merging with an existing company. Why rush? Bungie has all the time they need, with lives being devoured by the second thanks to Halo 3. I say Bungie will kick back for a while and won't announce something until later down the road. I'd personally like to see a new Marathon game, if anyone remembers that. Great FPS, in my opinion has a better (though similar) scheme to Halo. But Marathon spawned the Halo franchise. Maybe Bungie will produce something new, as the majority of their publicity came from Halo. But time is of the essence for both, so how this plays out is just a crap-shoot at this point.

There are still about fourteen or fifteen Spartans still alive, including IIs and IIIs and John himself if they decide to do a sequel. Prequels before the fall of the Reach would be possible as well. I only hope there isn't a Halo game made without Spartans. I was never a fan of Star Wars games that didn't let you play as a Jedi.

Sarge Christi said:
then maybe it was the other way around.
lol
they told each other they'd release a year after each other.
I have a convo with a nerd at gamestop about it in the summer.

If I'm not making sense, I am extremely tired, I apologize.
lol
I deffinatly think we will see more halo games. Just what part of the halo universe and time line they they are in is the real question. Everyone loves master chief, but it wouldnt kill them to make him talk a little bit more.

I'm guessing that after Halo Wars, there will be a Halo 4 in one way or the other. I doubt Bungie will jump the ship with a successfull franchise as this.
While the Halo story may be over, I still think a new game with the subtitle/main title "Halo" will emerge. The name itself is what draws people. If they release a game with the Master Chief with a new name they might miss out on some of non-fans.

Example:

HALO - Beyond Marathon

... and the games after that will use the Halo title as well, much like Square Enix puts "Final Fantasy" infront of their spin-off games as well.
I'm pretty certain at least that there will be more Halo games. Money... money!

Sarge Christi said:
Everyone wants to know the answer to the question...
What happens after Halo Wars?

Will that be the final end to the halo franchise?
Will this be the last time we play as a spartan/elite?
I have a theory that's backed by some things I've been reading.

Epic games (creators of Gears of War) and Bungie (Halo 1, 2, and 3) have made a deal to release a game the year after each other.
For example:
2006-Gears of War
2007-Halo 3
2008- Gears of War 2
2009- Halo Wars
2010- ??? (Epic games)
2011- ??? (Bungie)
Also, after the little split from Microsoft, there was several things that indicated that they might just be making more halo games.
For one, Microsoft and Bungie said it will be looking forward to future halo gameS.
I capitalized the S to show that it means there will be more than one game.

If you think about it, the books continue and the game developers left out the beginning stages of the Spartan II program. The next games could be, like Halo Wars, prequels to Halo. MC's story is quite interesting and so is the fact that he has 30+ other Spartans on his side. That'd bump game play up a notch.
Anywho, just thought I'd share.
Its rumored that they are making another Trilogy focused on the Arbiter...

Everyone seems to forget that Halo Wars isn't being developed by Bungie. It's, as everyone knows, a real time strategy game that by the way looks awesome.

It's being developed by Ensemble Studios.

If you are asking yourself "Who's that?", then here's a good hint, "Age of Empires". Though I'm not the avid computer gamer, this is one of the better RTS game series out there. Which is good news for us and for Halo Wars.

23Magnum said:
Everyone seems to forget that Halo Wars isn't being developed by Bungie. It's, as everyone knows, a real time strategy game that by the way looks awesome.

It's being developed by Ensemble Studios.

If you are asking yourself "Who's that?", then here's a good hint, "Age of Empires". Though I'm not the avid computer gamer, this is one of the better RTS game series out there. Which is good news for us and for Halo Wars.

Too bad Blizzard wasnt contracted to do it. I would probably explode with joy

But yes AOE is one of the "better" RTS's out there, only trumped in my opinion by the RTS's created by Blizzard

zeronifty said:
Too bad Blizzard wasnt contracted to do it. I would probably explode with joy
But yes AOE is one of the "better" RTS's out there, only trumped in my opinion by the RTS's created by Blizzard

Blizzard is too busy with...wait for it...STARCRAFT 2, YEAH! I can't wait for either one.

Andrew L said:
yuk, arbiter? that would be lame. its all about the arthurian based master chief

What would be so bad about a game from the Sangheili perspective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back