Agent Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160417/6ee471c7ce0263e9f4ef9a58f48ba5bf.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160417/657ef46554446e1dd71ed917badbc74c.jpg

I got erios to take a few pictures yesterday and I love the way it turned out. Had issues with my shoulders wanting to spin around, but we did a bandaid fix for the 6 hours we were there. Now I just have to figure out how to get them to stop trying to roll...

You could try thin elastic band from under the shoulder strapping (Chest piece) to the shoulder armor piece itself. I did it w/ my son's suit and not only did it keep from falling lower on his arm, it kept the piece in place. I used a small amount of Velcro on the elastic both sides and glued velcro on the underside of the shoulder strap and some on the shoulder armor. I later decided that because he was moving so much the strap should have been glued to the shoulder strap. It kept falling off but the other side held. A picture clears up the mud that is spewing from my mouth:

IMG-20160320-01195.jpg

At the time, I hadn't finished the shoulder strapping but you can see the lower straps that attached the chest to thigh and thigh to the shin.....When wearing a black undersuit.....the straps become hard to see:

IMG-20160323-01209.jpg

I had that "spinning around my biceps" problem too, drove me nuts. In the end I used a Velcro half-moon ring around my uppper arm where the part "goes around" the upper arm, a buckle/strap that connected to the body armor and an additional piece of velcro at the rear part of this piece. To put it on, I would have to "turn the part 90°" during fitting it so it would "lock into place at the wrong position". Once adjusted, I'd twist the part back 90° while pushing the undersuit slightly down. Let it flip into place and all was well. So just like Dirtdives suggested, Velcro was my saving grace too (with the added help of the buckle)

This is actually the only part where I had this issue and had to resort to this kind of tricks, all other parts would play nice and stayed on their predestined places and orientations.
Sadly at that time I had no undersuit to speak of so I'll have to redo this again once the propper undersuit is ready.

Apart from that, I do have to say, I love the picture/stance. It's so "you don't wanna mess with me dude", it's off the charts. :D Good job.

The only issue with adding Velcro to my undersuit is that I use it for my Mando as well... and I'm not all that fond of Velcro... I'm thinking about adding a second shoulder strap since the one I currently have is pulling it towards the back... I didn't have any issues with the old shoulders so I figured that it wouldn't be a issue with the new ones... But I'm thinking that a second one that is positioned towards the front should help... I'll have to play around with it

Thanks for all advice!

Started RvB a few weeks ago and I'm really liking Tex; she's a bad.... You get the idea lol Your build is looking good and I think I'm slowly generating a list of suits I want to make. I'll be following this to see how it goes! I'm mostly doing research right now and going to try some 'dry builds' over the following weeks to see what works and how I can match the armor to my size. How are you scaling it??

I'm taking reference images and measuring where the armor should be on my body. I use the measure distance tool in pepakura to make sure it's the right size.

you need to be in designer, if you go to the area where all the parts are laid out on the paper right click there, you can see the "measure distance between 2 points" as a selection, just use that.

Looks great! always fun to see other variations on the same idea. My Tex was finished just a few months ago.

IMG_2182.jpgIMG_2226.jpg

I found a new helmet, just about done with it, it needs a few touch ups here and there... I have an event that I want to wear this kit to on the 25th... so I am trying to get this done before then.

IMG_2239.jpgIMG_2264.jpgIMG_2304.jpg

I got a little distracted... and thought Texas could use a Gravity hammer... I've got almost everything pepped for it.. slowly plugging away at it.

IMG_2323.jpgIMG_2324.jpg

After looking at tons of reference photos I decided that I needed to remake the boots, so this is the design that I have come up with. Any comments, or suggestions on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back