Airsoft BR

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason you didn't get it is because I overuse the term bucketshot. I like the way it sounds. :p

Basically, go out for some target practice and see how well you can aim a headshot at it. Get one of those cardboard models or something.

Oh, well I can get a headshot every time up to ~100 feet. up to ~150 feet, I can hit it probably 60% (3 out of 5) of the time. After that the gun loses accuracy (due to wind and range)

It would be a lot easier to make a hollow shell and put a gear box and barrel in it. Fist do the pdo file(it's in this forum type). Then fG, and Silicon rubber. Then use liquid plastic to make hollow and then put in barrel, gear box, and mag!

WarHead9705 said:
It would be a lot easier to make a hollow shell and put a gear box and barrel in it. Fist do the pdo file(it's in this forum type). Then fG, and Silicon rubber. Then use liquid plastic to make hollow and then put in barrel, gear box, and mag!
Not really. The only gearbox I could use for this gun would be the ver 1 gearbox and possible ver 6. I haven't seen a drop in gearbox for a ver 6 but even if they did make one it'd cost upwards of a hundred dollars, not to mention I'd have to modifythe entire trigger mechanism, possibly add a MOSFET. Then I'd have to find a hop-up housing that fit the end of the gearbox and was the perfect size for the mag I wanted, after all that it'd have a HUGE stock. Then I'd have to hollow out a space in front that can be accessed from the outside to house the 8 cell battery(eac cell is about the same size as a C battery). All this would cost a couple hundred dollars and may or may not work, whereas this approach costs me next to nothing since I have most the supplies around the house, and will still look pretty awesome...

Last edited by a moderator:
small *update*

Been busy. Managed to get the cheek rest on and to lengthen the foregrip to a more br-ish shape...
heisse2.jpg

The barrel isn't bent, it's not attached to the gun. I just placedit in front for the picture.

Minor update, new filed down pistol grip, and improved fore grip shape, waiting for temperature to rise, before I fill the remaining holes in the fore grip and paint it...

br.jpg

brhandle.jpg

brforegrip.jpg

Out of curiosity, is anyone keeping tabs on this thread? If not, I'll wait until the finished product and then just post a link to it (if your not, just don't reply, if you are say "yes" or something)...

Mechanical update: for anyone crazy enough to try to copy this...

I've created a simple working mag catch. I used a piece of plastic from the rear sight I cut off as a prototype. For the finished product I'll replace it with "springy" sheet metal.

brmagcatch.jpg

I'll probably sand down the catch for looks, but at least the mag stays in it now...

I was thinking of doing the same thing to my FAMAS. What materials did you use for the stock and the carry handle? How did you mod the mag?

o yea, i'm keeping tabs

Wraith20878 said:
I was thinking of doing the same thing to my FAMAS. What materials did you use for the stock and the carry handle? How did you mod the mag?

o yea, i'm keeping tabs
Wood core, bondo shell. Only the back of the carry handle is custon, the frontis a chopped and sanded famas carry handle (jb welded back together after chopping). I removed the mag internals and cutout the middle sectionof it splicing the two end back together so the bb tube on the inside was a smooth circle shape. I then cut the shell with a saw to the proper angle, and reassembled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back