Aliens M41a Pulse Rifle (AIRSOFT Gas blow-back) Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellraiserjz

I've been a long-time fan of the Alien franchise, especially the original AVP pc games. So naturally, when I got into airsoft, I got the Snow Wolf AEG m41a Pulse rifle.
aeg-mtx-pulserifle.jpg

Unfortunately, because its and electric gun, the grenade launcher part of it was only used to store the battery and was mostly just for looks. This gun was mostly a display gun and collected dust on my wall for many months. But with the promise of a gas version of a Thompson m1a1, and the existence of shell ejecting airsoft shotguns, the guns that were used to build the "real steel" version they used for the film, I had the vision to make this gun as realistically functional to the original they used for the films. That is, both the rifle and the grenade launcher can shoot.
In order for me to do this, I had to actually look up a tutorial on how to make the firearm version of this gun. what I needed for this build was, as iv'e mentioned previously, a GBB (gas-blow-back) m1a1 Thompson by Cybergun and WE tech., and a gas Shell ejecting CAM870 shotgun by APS.
So far as of this first post I only have the Thompson. All of these guns were very expensive, as you could imagine. But this project will be the biggest project I have done in a long time. I will post pictures as I got along. I hope you all enjoy the journey with me! :D

Last edited:
This is going to be a very long post as I have gotten all this done in a single night after work.
qvVxTV.jpg

Took apart the Pulse rifle for the first time, already saw some complications. Thankfully nothing too horrid.
Firstly; the two halves were mostly held together with metal pins which I had to use a flat head screwdriver to pry them apart, which slightly damage the plastic if i wasn't too careful. Thankfully there was no serious damage, it just means that I shouldn't put this together and open it again too many times.
Secondly;
3tVqQO.jpg

View attachment 252480
the wiring made was wired through the metal stock, and there wasn't an easy way to remove the wires from the small tyama connectors without cutting them.
LP6OKi.jpg

R.I.P. AEG Thompson.

Thirdly:
kkXlGy.jpg

This is the barrel of the gas Thompson with it's hop-up attached. The barrel is shorter than the pulse rifle's, which also has a built in sensor for the ammo counter at the front of the barrel.
As seen here:
85Mbhf.jpg

From the first image shown when I just took the Pulse rifle apart, you can see there's an aluminum shaft that connects the barrel to the AEG Thompson's receiver. This makes the Barrel for the gas Thompson incompatible and the hop-up nor the inner barrel wont fit without making an adapter for the two..
Thankfully, I have a 3D printer and have some experience with Solidworks. >:D
View attachment 252494
After printing:
CZIK5Q.jpg

View attachment 252499
Note: The screw isn't sunk in all the way because it used to have a plate that the wooden handle use to attach to:
View attachment 252500
I'll likely print out a shim that would fill that gap later, all i did was just made sure the screw was flush to the bottom of the receiver.

Lastly:
View attachment 252501
If you remember from the AEG Thomson, the plastic plates were held on by small metal nuts. The metric screws holding the nuts were screws from the inside of the upper receiver where they were countersunk flush to the surface. I couldn't have the he heads of the screws inside without them being the same else they would block the internals from cycling properly. So I just did this:
View attachment 252503
View attachment 252505
As Glados has said: The best solution is usually the easiest one. :p

View attachment 252506
This is after fitting the gas Thompson in. I kept the original grip on it because the screws for both guns are different:
View attachment 252508
I'll drill the hole for the pulse rifle grip bigger later, yet I'm considering printing a new one instead.

The shotgun part is the last part I have to work on. there is so far no way to fit the CAM870 yet in the current plastic cage without ruining it structurally. I will deal with that last.
For right now, the first major part of this build is done. Just gotta make more $$$ to get the last gun which I may need to get some help with since it involves some major cutting and welding. I have welded before I just have no MIG welder on me, nor do I have the funds to buy my own.

qvVxTV.jpg

CIFPcw.jpg

LP6OKi.jpg

kkXlGy.jpg

qvVxTV.jpg

85Mbhf.jpg

PGWeVx.png

View attachment 252475

LP6OKi.jpg

bUIxI4.jpg

0drz9x.jpg

Ioesr4.jpg

View attachment 252483

PGWeVx.png

tQikZ8.jpg

CZIK5Q.jpg

AT728E.jpg

bUIxI4.jpg

0drz9x.jpg

3Y27st.jpg

Ioesr4.jpg

8kyiIe.jpg

View attachment 252498

View attachment 252502

View attachment 252504

View attachment 252507

Last edited:
Sorry for the fact I haven't posted anything on this for a while. I did manage to get the CAM870 GBB during the hiatus and I've been trying to come up with some ideas on how to mount it in there without too much modification.
I did, however, make something that I'll later be 3D printing out: (after some slicing of course :p )
IMEKMA.png
IMEKMA.png

Damn this is beyond sweet, as far as airsoft guns go I won't use anything but a gas gun, they're soooooo much more satisfying to shoot... And of course the Aliens M14A is one of my favorite guns of all sci-fi, truly a legendary weapon of film history. Will most certainly be keeping an eye on this build, make sure you give us a video of the rifle in action once it's finished up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back