Altair Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

I love Assassin's Creed! I want to have this as my costume for Halloween '08.

Ok, well, here we go.

Clothing: My grandma is good at sewing.
Kidney Belt-I'm thinking a cheap leather belt can do and I can add on a cardboard base and build it up.
Pants: Standard gray medieval pants
Boots: Calf-high boots
Hidden Blade: I took this idea from a Cosplay forum topic, but hey, its good. Make the blade always extended but over my ring finger so its hidden.
Misc swords: A great website called www.buycostumes.com has a lot of cheap, good fake swords. Buy em and paint certain ones!
Also, Altair has a red sash which I can buy from my favorite medieval costuming store, www.bytheswordinc.com
I also would like to think that my friends/brother could battle me in the streets... :cool:

Sweet, can't wait to see it.
you COULD make a working blade once Magnum completes his and gives the designs/tuts for it. Of course you would need to make a plastic blade though.

Try rubber, but yes I might be considerate and let you see my designs.

Only thing left design wise is the firing mech and holster to hold it all, then it's time to start getting materials to build it.

I'd love to see patterns for the robe once it's done then.

-Magnum

I'm going to be posting some more in-depth ideas soon, however currently I will be considering using a real blade and having it fixed and static, as I lack any mechanical experience...I believe I will be using some cheap plastic Halloween swords for a few "breakable" swords I can use. Anyone interested in Altair costumes should check out By The Sword, Inc

Meeh. Real blades are no good. Accidents can happen. And some noob police officer could be like ZOMG HE HAS A WEAPONZ!!
Go with plastic that has a metallic finish.

dont forget the robes a 3 part *look closely* hood, part over shoulders, and cloak it would look awsome if done good :D

23Magnum said:
Try rubber, but yes I might be considerate and let you see my designs.

Only thing left design wise is the firing mech and holster to hold it all, then it's time to start getting materials to build it.

I'd love to see patterns for the robe once it's done then.

-Magnum

i also am designing a blade. what materials will your blade be made from?

right now i'm stumped on the firing mechanism, i have several ideas, but not many are all that practical.
i've also decided to make one aluminum/steel. the rest will be cast.
naturally the blade will be dulled and the tip rounded slightly. i will probably keep the metal one to myself until i can find a mature adult buy whom i know won't bring it to school, or go on a killing rampage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too would love to see an altair.

A working blade (who was working on one?) would be kick ass ,too...just...don't go waving it around.

-Joe

Hey d00dz, don't be hi-jacking mah thread...

I think I will be going with a plastic blade route. Simple, safe.
No progress as of late but I still gotta talk to my grandma.

I was thinking this would make a really sweet costume as well.

Any thoughts on how you are going to make that fancy gauntlet he has (on his weapon hand)? Looks pretty darn intricate =D

im so going to make this one day, i used to be in a re-inacting group, so ive made medieval costumes before, the hood might be a challange tho, i have a real sword, i could make a retractable blade with tai chi retractable blade... just slap it on a gauntlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back