Aluminum Mjolnir Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathbird

I have been cruising this section for about 10 deep and have ssen no real references to Aluminum armour.
Tons on Pep and fibre though. (Awesome work all!)

I am an armoursmith and am looking to fabricate a Mjolnir harness or 2... To that end, I was just wondering if there is anyone here that has travelled down this road prior and has any nuggets of experience to share?

I for one love the feel of real metal (Steel, Bronze or even Aluminum) on my bones. Gives me that Tankish feeling... add some lighting and a HUD and well... let's just say that it appeals very much to my old military nature :)

Rather than really going nuts with step raising and sinking, I am thinking that for some parts it might be more beneficial to use layers of metal to get some of the relief work.

Lastly, what is the interest rating for Metal Mjolnir? (Where better a place to ask? ;)

Look forward to hearing from you all !

Cheers,

Deathbird said:
I have been cruising this section for about 10 deep and have ssen no real references to Aluminum armour.
Tons on Pep and fibre though. (Awesome work all!)

I am an armoursmith and am looking to fabricate a Mjolnir harness or 2... To that end, I was just wondering if there is anyone here that has travelled down this road prior and has any nuggets of experience to share?

I for one love the feel of real metal (Steel, Bronze or even Aluminum) on my bones. Gives me that Tankish feeling... add some lighting and a HUD and well... let's just say that it appeals very much to my old military nature :)

Rather than really going nuts with step raising and sinking, I am thinking that for some parts it might be more beneficial to use layers of metal to get some of the relief work.

Lastly, what is the interest rating for Metal Mjolnir? (Where better a place to ask? ;)

Look forward to hearing from you all !

Cheers,

here u go
steel armour

plz ppl use the search function

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies mate.

I actually saw this link before, but it wasn't quite the armour type I was looking for. Nevertheless, there are really great nuggets to be had there for sure.

here u go
steel armour

plz ppl use the search function
[/quote]

Well, moz didn't make all of his armor from steel, I believe it was only the chest.
You could still have a chance to make a Mk Vi metal armor set!

Im still working on my aluminum molded armor. Im going to cast it in greensand, clean it up with a grinder a little(big issues), have it shot peened, and finally have it anodized. im very familiar with the metalcasting process, so i know what im doing. Its just easier and faster said than done ;) Im still doping the pep models, along with school and drumnline, it takes forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back