An Interesting Halloween Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 270

Well, I just got back from one of the worst/pathetic Halloween experiences of my life. Tonight, Halloween was going great. Went to a lot of haunted houses had a lot of fun with friends. Then I was just walking along this shopping area when this random family of three comes torward me and I honestly could not believe what the father was telling his 4 year old kid. As they went toward me they started saying "Hey son whats that guy?" his son said a robo. Then the father said to him "What? No, that's not a robot thats a LOSER! There go hit that loser with your lightsaber." And soon enough that little 4 year old started hitting me with his lightsaber. It didn't hurt, in fact, I was kind of humored by this. Then the kid's mom joins in and tells the kid "common, hit that loser!! BEAT HIM!!". Take note that the entire time this is going on my friends are just kinda laughing at this like a joke. This went on for about 2 minutes and then I started to get a little pissed off. This guy was encouraging his 4 year old son to "hit me with a lightsaber". Now, I didn't want to do anything to hurt this kid but at the same time my patience was REALLY RUNNING THIN! This kid has just been like hitting me on the arm for the past minute and his father is chanting on to his kid "YEAH! hit him, hit the loser." And by the way, the parents were smoking Pot or Weed because they were really high. I was really going to say something really hurtful and terrible to this family. Like I honestly would rather not post what I was going to say to them because even I was surprised what I was about to say. Anyhow, this really just stunned me at what had happened and I just kind of went along with it like it was a joke. So, I gotta ask, does anyone have any input on this and or advice for me. Cause when I got home I honestly felt regret for not punching the father in the face for being a total a hole (pardon my language), yet at the same I felt pity for the kid for the fact that his parents were obviously doing drugs all the time and influencing him to beat any person he deams a "loser."

That really sucks man, tho it could of been a whole lot worse *2- or more kids*. As for the parents, Im not too sure, you could of punched the father resulting in him calling the cops on you for assault.

ADVICE TIME!!!!

You worked really hard on your armor and it shows, some people are jelous that they themselves cannot create/ or have the patince for making armour. Don't let one rain cloud ruin your sunny day with your friends. You had fun tonite and jerks aside how many comments and pictures did you snag? How many "dude thats awsome", Where did you get that?"

If the armor isnt too damaged then your toppers.

Hopefully this helps you.

eskimobob said:
That really sucks man, tho it could of been a whole lot worse *2- or more kids*. As for the parents, Im not too sure, you could of punched the father resulting in him calling the cops on you for assault.

ADVICE TIME!!!!

You worked really hard on your armor and it shows, some people are jelous that they themselves cannot create/ or have the patince for making armour. Don't let one rain cloud ruin your sunny day with your friends. You had fun tonite and jerks aside how many comments and pictures did you snag? How many "dude thats awsome", Where did you get that?"

If the armor isnt too damaged then your toppers.

Hopefully this helps you.

Thanks. You have no idea how badly I just wanted to take that kid's lightsaber, hit his father across the face with it and possibly chuck it into the street or onto a roof or something, and I doubt he could've thrown a punch back because this guy was tripping, like major high. Then I thought "What would I gain from that other than being accused of assault." Anyhow, I got numerous comments on the armor about how it was cool and all. I didn't really snag any pics, my friend was too lazy to take some pics for me. As for the armor, it wasn't too beat up, I got some scratches here and there but other than that, it's still in good shape. Thanks for the advice btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow that so strange this little boy is having a bad exemple from is father and is mother... seriously i agree that maybe he was wondering you cause when i came here for first time and YOUR armor was the first that i've been seen so i was realy jealous about you cause it's super what you have done... or maybe this guy was drunk XD. so don't care about it if you did the entire armor you can repair those crach. lol! ;)

Well I guess you will have the last laugh, if the father and mother are that big of potheads, the state will eventually take their child away (hopefully). Or you could call the cops and report them.

It's times like this that humanity revolts me. The choice to not attack him was definitely a great one, but I don't think it would have hurt to call the cops, or children's aid, or someone like that. A kid with a pothead dad who encourages violence is not something you should ignore.

SpArtan-270 said:
Thanks. You have no idea how badly I just wanted to take that kid's lightsaber, hit his father across the face with it and possibly chuck it into the street or onto a roof or something, and I doubt he could've thrown a punch back because this guy was tripping, like major high. Then I thought "What would I gain from that other than being accused of assault." Anyhow, I got numerous comments on the armor about how it was cool and all. I didn't really snag any pics, my friend was too lazy to take some pics for me. As for the armor, it wasn't too beat up, I got some scratches here and there but other than that, it's still in good shape. Thanks for the advice btw.

Not a problem, we armour makers gotta stick together. As for the scratches wear them, it shows how tough your suit is and they are like medals, soon enough you can tell people where each one came from, and it makes the armor look more authentic

When I hear stuff like this, I wonder the fate of humanity.

Don't sweat it, there are some wierd people in this world, and you just have to go with it.

Getting involved will probably solve nothing and cause problems for everyone.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
When I hear stuff like this, I wonder the fate of humanity.

Same here.

It is truely sad, the behavior of humans today. Yet one must continue on.

Maybe you should have just walked away (unless the kid was following you). Giving no reaction is usually what humans (even ones that are euphoric) are looking for, or attention. Humans are complex, yet simple to figure out at the same time.

You have shown much maturity that many on this world lack. You had the courage to wear your costume that you hand crafted, while that child (I'm guessing) had a store-bought costume.

Hmm i rly understand that little Story...

I have a very high Amount of Patience, but better never test me where my Limits are.

Dont know what happens when they damage my Armor, i think the Lightsaber would end up in a Place from Daddy where the Sun never shines...

Even if they are on Drugs...especially in that Case you must do Things to defend yourself and/or call the Police, not because the little Bug hits you with his Saber, but because the Status of the Parents. Never underestimate People on Drugs, the start low, but can get mad very fast.

I learned from last Carnival that i stay out of the City and only visit Shopping Citys, we have too much Idiots here...´cause i had to build a new Torso thx to this Fools...why do People always want to knock on Parts??? The new one is Idiot-Proof now.

Yep...people are weird and just plain rude to others all the time. I don't understand why people do this.

You just have to take it and walk away. I think of it as if someone is "making fun of you" because of your costume it is called "jealously". We know that we have one of the best costumes (or the best around where we "Trick or Treat")

And Hey, at least it was a little kid hitting you with a Lightsaber. Last year (after I won a costume contest) these "slutty pirate girls" who came in 2nd got mad and two of there friends came up a PUNCHED me in visor one after the other. Didn't even see it coming and wasn't expecting it since everyone that night who came up to me (girl or guy) just wanted to look at my armor.

Soo...another "jealously" moment I like to call them. You did the right thing by just taking it and walking away.

Maybe we all should just all carry Pepper Spray with us?

You did the right thing by restraining yourself. If you threw a punch, it could have gotten ugly.

As for advice, I say be better prepared for such idocity. Also, if possible, go in groups. Jason and I went to a party in armor and nobody messed with us out of respect for the suits, and also we had the advantage in a fight if it came down to it.

I agree. You did the right thing by not reacting. However, I would have personally gotten one of your friends to attempt film it, and then report those "parents" (I'll use that term lightly) to the police or a social worker. You could have also called the cops, and get them arrested for using illicit drugs. It's a sad case regardless. Next time just walk away...

Cheers!

For what it's worth, there will always be people like that so it's best just to ignore them. Overall, the saddest part is that the little kid is picking up terrible habits that will hinder him for the rest of his life. In a couple of years, he'll probably get in fights at school, get expelled, and end up working some menial job. He'll be frustrated with his life and will try to vent some of that frustration by encouraging his son to hit someone...and the pattern will repeat...

I feel sorry for the kid.

If there's anything I've learnt in my life, It's that I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens to you for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person.

If It was me, I'd have punched the guy a new hole.

Not because he was high. Infact I'm a casual weed-smoker where it's legal, However The fact he'd do such a thing infront of a child of that age, And then encouraging his son to practically mock someone because of their hobbies.

That is how bullies are created in this world, However what that guy done was wrong, I wouldn't even act like that infront of a kid if i was drunk, let alone high. Theres always next year. :D

TL;DR

I'd have kicked his ass.

And the public wonders where bullies come from. It's definitely only movies isn't it!

Personally I'd just take the lightsaber and walk off as if nothing happened and see how they like it, or just hit the dad and mom with it once each and throw it at a wall. You're only encouraging them if you let them keep up the behavior. Sure, they can call the police if you hit them with a piece of plastic, but if you report that they were having their son beat you with it for 2 minutes, and that you suspected the parents of smoking pot, what are they going to say in return? You set a bad example? You assaulted them with a light tap on the shoulder?

Now, obviously, the parents are totally in the wrong, but you letting them off without a word is perhaps just as bad. I'm glad you had a fun night, but next time if you're pissed off it might be time to vent a bit, even if it's yanking a toy from a kid's hands and hitting the parents with it.

EDIT: From personal experience, I'd say that people tend not to irritate you if you carry along a prop gun, or in Halo's case an Assault Rifle/SMG/Magnum/etc. Sure, it's a crude way of stopping unwanted attention (obviously you don't aim it at people), but it's better than getting that unwanted attention. If you brought along something of that kind, though, they must have been completely out of it.

The absolute best response would've been to bend over and talk to the kid himself. Say "Hey kid, I gotta message for your dad. Tell him to .......". You can get creative on the last part. Knowing 4-year-olds, I bet that would've worked like a charm. It would've gotten the kid off of you and jabbed at the imbeciles without getting violent or threatening a child.

Personally I would have not let the kid keep swiping at me. I would've grabbed the blade, taken off my helmet and yelled at all of them. Simply said "Why don't you and your son get some god-damned manners?" then walked off.

Then there's always the choice to do absolutely nothing. While it may burn you a bit to take crap from some yokels, at least you can stay out of trouble by taking the harassment. Seeing as you're not in jail, I'd say that worked out alright.

I know this was kind of a big premier for all the hard work you put into your suit. Just focus on the good things about the night. When I went to Dave's for his first big get-together I had some crazy stuff happen too but I wouldn't trade all the awesome times I had with folks that weekend for avoiding a couple of poison people.

Just remember that poison people are just that. The longer you stay around them the sicker they make you feel. Or as my dad used to say "You play with **** you get it on your hands." So getting away or avoiding them is top priority. Conflict just mires you deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back