another noob with an HD MKVI build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is my solution to holding the shoulder straps in place. I don't particularly like it, but since no alternatives were suggested, this is what i did. Last time i'll say it, but i really don't believe that no one has held up their shoulder straps without using a pressure suit. Just doesn't make sense to me at all. Anyway /rant

20121104_143948.jpg

I have suspenders that go over my shoulders to hold up my thighs. I put that bicep strap under them and they stay in place a lot better.

Yeah, that was "better" for me too but that's not good enough. i can't count on having someone with me every time i'm in costume to keep fixing that stuff for me. and anyone who has ever worn one of these suits knows there's not much you can do short of taking half of your costume off to fix an out of place strap.

One mod i forgot to mention is a new machined pin for the slide of my tactonyx m6d pistol. I made it out of brass since that was the stock i had on hand in .5" and i put a high polish finish on it for smooth operation. Basically, i got lazy and didn't want to sand my original one from tactonyx and when i finally did, the spring retaining lip chipped off. So i made a whole new pin out of metal that won't ever break and operates muxh smoother. Had i taken the time to sand my original one, i would imagine i would have been fine. But, seeing as how i have a lathe, it made perfect sense to machine a new one.

20121104_180733.jpg

20121104_180753.jpg

20121104_180809.jpg

20121104_180824.jpg

20121104_180933.jpg

Thanks thorn. Last night was a huge success for the release. Everyone wanted pics and it was a great setup in front of the store's halo display. I'll be honest, my back has never been so stiff after such a short (well, 5.5 hours isn't that short i guess) period of time and i am definitely going to figure out how to reduce the strain of holding up the thighs on my back (be it more padding, different strapping, etc.). The trouble is, i can't find a single pic anywhere from last night. Guess i should have been giving out my email address to people taking the pics so they could forward them. Anyway, i know some will surface since i wasn't there by myself. When they were doing the giveaways (for answering halo trivia) i had to bite my tongue and not answer all of the questions. At the end of the night they gave me the countdown clock and the special edition strategy guide for standing there and posing all night. Of course i have some paint to touch up and a tweak here or there but nothing malfunctioned while i was there. 8) i'll have what pics i can find posted as soon as i get them. Oh, and so far i'm only to level 3 on legendary. It's not an insanely difficult campaign so far, but it has it's moments. I think i'm right at the end of mission 3. But mission 4 just seems to be further and further away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back