Another Space Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Bajeepers.

Being away for a while changes things alot... I read ' ANOTHER space marine ' and was like holy whack! People have been building the model i got from sketchup all that time ago?... *Deep Sigh of releif*

After nintendude posted the unfolded files (Thanks nintendude for that) i totally thought it would take off real quick... Two weeks later, nothing. Five weeks later Lots and Lots... Here i was hoping i would be the first... stupid holidays getting in the way...

Haha. Now that i've said that. The armor looks great and i look forward to seeing the finished results...

Cheers, Dave. (with a smile on his face)

Great work so far. It is my ambition to do an astartes build in the future. I can't wait to see how yours comes together!

I've managed to finish cleaning up the model for the backpack & just need to get it printed so I can pep it. It's A3 size because of some of the bits I wanted to be 1 piece.

Pics will be along as soon as I have it made.

Sorry for the double post but it's been a week & I have managed some progression. Most everything is now had a resin coat with the exception of the thighs. I decided to make another pair slightly larger, a whole 1 inch lol. So I have to pep those yet.

07122009002.jpg
07122009.jpg

The forarms & elbows have been glassed already.

07122009001.jpg

Backpack waiting to be pepped, 34 pages of A3. Really looking forward to that.Not.

BacpackPic.jpg
07122009003.jpg

Helmet tester that turned out way too big, have printed another.

07122009004.jpg

The Heavy Bolter has been printed, 18 pages of A3. 955mm long.

HBPic.jpg

For some parts I've been using A3, mainly for the larger models. The backpack & gun especially.

Now I'm off to do some more glassing.

Awesome!

I'm on hold right now for the holidays. And I'm trying to buy a house...

These are looking great. I am really interested in how the chest is going to come out. I'm Peping mine right now since it's all the money I can put into this right now, lol.

What chest file did you use again?

It's the same file as Nintendudes only I made changes that I wanted. It doesn't have the 3 indents in the neck, & the middle is not as bulging as the original. It's also a little narrower so it suits the shoulder width without ending up shorter in height. The backpack is scaled off the same model.

BTW did you get the other files I sent you?

Judge said:
It's the same file as Nintendudes only I made changes that I wanted. It doesn't have the 3 indents in the neck, & the middle is not as bulging as the original. It's also a little narrower so it suits the shoulder width without ending up shorter in height. The backpack is scaled off the same model.

BTW did you get the other files I sent you?

Doh, Now I remember getting them... A lot is happening here with house hunting so my mind isn't on straight! February should be a better month.. after inspections, closing and moving... So for the time being I'm going to live vicariously through your build! :lol But watch out if all goes well my new house is going to have a 30x26' workshop... I'll finally be able to put up all my tools!

I'll look at them tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tango, I scaled my chest at 550mm Wide. At first I thought it might be too short but after the belt is on the height is not too bad. The ring sits level with just under the ear. The top of the Shoulders reach level with the top of the ear. All my scaling I do off my body per part, to the best suited size.

On a side note, I have been in touch with the original modeller & now have permission to share my pep adjusted files of his models. I will be working on a few other components also in the near future.

So bonus time, heres the Chestpiece I'm using...SMChest

Heres the Backpack to suit...SMBackpack

These have not been unfolded. I unfolded each to fit on A3 myself & realized I'm not that good an unfolder. If somebody would like to unfold them, go ahead. Also, for some reason, the models got loaded into pep all wrong so if for example I require 550mm Width I actually type it into the Depth Box. Maybe someone could tell me how to change it.

The backpack should then use the same scale. I have not made the backpack yet so I'm not 100% certain.

Thanks for that info Judge. For the life of me I couldn't work out why your torso seemed to look so accurate (in terms of Spoace Marine physique) when mine didn't. At least now I know it's just because my shoulders are narrower than yours :D

This looks amazing judge many congratulations ^^ Just wondering how did youget your chest to fit onto the pep pages as mines well being a bit awkward. i set scale to about 520mm instead of 550 as im 5ft 8. Then i go o page layout and it doesnt want accept the paper size. :( is there something else i need to do?

Venom_Di_Lemon said:
This looks amazing judge many congratulations ^^ Just wondering how did youget your chest to fit onto the pep pages as mines well being a bit awkward. i set scale to about 520mm instead of 550 as im 5ft 8. Then i go o page layout and it doesnt want accept the paper size. :( is there something else i need to do?

Adjust the page settings in Pepakura to take letter, I think judge uses A4.

It's under Setting > Print and paper settings.

Hope that helps,

I would say the same as Chwbcc, change the paper setting. A4 is an Australian standard size so that's what all my gear is. I get some stuff done in A3 (2 x A4 side-by-side) For some of the bigger pieces or if I can get a better unfold, but generally A4. Come to think of it, the backpack I printed at A3 so I don't know what some of the larger, 1 page pieces, will be like smaller. There was 34 pages at A3 so on smaller pages....sheesh. This project has certainly chewed up some paper. 84 pages of A3, 112 pages of A4, not including the rescaled pieces.

I'll add an update while I'm here. Glassed the top Arms, 1/2 the chest, 1 Shin, 1 Shoulder and the Crotch/Belt. It's 33 degrees in my shed at the moment and that's in the shade. My resin goes off in 4 mins on a cool mix, so I'm having a little break until the heat dies down a bit. Now I get to do some cutting & glueing in the air-con.

Okay well i was looking through pep last night bu kind of busy with my pyramid head costume at the momenet i scaled the piece in designer to 520 Depth/width as i'm just slightly smaller. Then i went to Print/Page Settings and i clicked A4 as i have tons of A4 225GSM card here that i order for all my projects to build with first.

This is what i get, should this be correct? Sorry if photos are big. If i rescaled you couldn't see it.

SmChest.jpg

Also i have this lurking around that was made by Trintlord awhile ago it looks amazing but its a real pain to pep ^^ got several attempts. i figured you didn't need to make the tubes on the side just use shower hose or drainage pipe seems to work fine.

SMhelm.jpg

Regards

Matt

Somewhere we have a Tau in the works which i got comissioned off of skip over at SPC link - http://skipspepakuracostumes.blogspot.com/search/label/40k the only problem i think there is the feet concept, other than that i think the armours ready to go once he's checked over some stuff.I know that much. Anyone ever though of Cadian armour as it's quite simplistic. Sort of like a halo marine and i think a lasgun would surely look nice.

@ Nintendude. I downloaded your firewarrior helm and just got to pep it i used the default scale and measure my head and it seems like it will fit, just got to build it, shouldn't take long. Did you put two antenna on it due to a choice of either left or right or is that how you wanted it to look? as with mine i'm going antenna on left side and put a piece of crad over the right side gap i think. As well are you planning on doing the rest of the costume? the wrist guards, lower legs, crotch panels and belt, and the chest/shoulder armour? There backpack is insane so i would probably just stick to a pathfinder.

Pyramid Head - Made From cardboard and other bits.

12933_188451267088_514712088_2768926_5255436_n.jpg

- Tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back