Anti-Vehicle Nonlinear Rifle/mkvi Sparten Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qoute: The wavelength of 405nm is located near the ultraviolet (UV) end of the visible light spectrum where the human eye is less sensitive so the visibility of the violet beam will not be as high as green, blue or red lasers beams.

sounds good, I mean if I were to do the project I wouldnt buy one that expensive because simply put, not many people have enough extra money to purchase a real expensive model like that, but keep going, you obviously have dedication or you wouldn't have gotten even this far especially with the numbers gone. Also good work on the piece so far, looking really good. How are you going to be strengthening it? My friend while as judgemental as he is, has great ideas, (Potshot) filled his shotgun with foam and it worked great and had a good weight to it. He said he is going to make a picture tutorial on it soon. You should check it out when your finished pepping.

I was thinking of giving it a few good thick coats of resin and molding it a little into the nooks and crannys if all the details..after that ill have it cut down the middle/ventral to put the guts in.

Well folks...the Spartan laser is coming along...but MAN....there are so many DETAILS in this that its the intricate little parts that are slowing me down >_<,...almost wishing i had gone with a cardboard one like the others...but this is a challange ^__^ and i Love a good challange for my fingers XD

113414.jpg

Keep the good work going :) Looks like you will have a sweet weapon

when you finish. I shudder at the though of having to peice one of

these together without the edge IDs. Simply GREAT work

yeah...but ive found that the edge IDs...would be a little tough anyway...there are so many small peices that even on the computer model the numbers blurr together into unreadable text unless your close to maximum zoom on a single edge >_<

I have...run into a bit of a problem >_>

umm...my laser is bigger than my work surface XD

So...im having to jury rig my board onto my desk to get it to hold while i glue it in place XD

...this might slow my progress .../ but in other news. ive decided to forgoe some of the more HIGHLY detailed areas of the gun that will be globbed down by resin and glass anyway, so this thing will still look Goood....just not SPECTACULAR .....>_>...

going back to working now...

143655.jpg

OK im tempted to Kiss you Dang it XD.

i have like...6 DVD burners laying around that are just gathering dust XD....Ok INSPIRATION JUST hit..

THANK YOU...now...i need to find a way to connect 3 dvd lasers together and fit them in .....

...T_T...ill have to say no to the dvd lasers...I just cracked the first ones little front and dad wont let me touch the others..... greedy old...hmmph

Ohh well....maybe a laser pointer will do

*gives an evil grin* who said i was, but other wise ive gotten the bottom base from the rear to the thumb hold done so far. trigger and side mount next, then top.

There's a button that you can press on the top bar of pepakura, Check Corresponding Face (looks like a box with an arrow pointed to it) or hit Ctrl+K

This allows you to use the 2d window to see which edges align, and if you click on a piece it will isolate it in the 3d window. If you Ctrl+Click on multiple pieces, it will select them all and isolate them in the 3d window. I use this method for tracking my progress, and while I have numbers printed on my edges, I rarely actually use them.

Hope it helps :)

DH

Heh i couldnt have gotten this far without it XD.

hell i couldnt find a bunch of the sides without it, so ...sorry not to helpful, but I will say it might help someone else new to pepping :).

WEll folks, its update time again, and ive gotten a LOT done, at this very moment im working on the Trigger unit with only a few feet left to go ^__^, so heres a pic for your viewing Pleasure.

034757.jpg

WELL I finally got an update XD.

Ive got everything up to the forward vents and trigger together,

170420.jpg

i have the bottom top and bottom(after a wrestling match with a VERY stubborn set of pieces) somewhat together.

1703461.jpg

Working on the Laser emitter(the part i was going to substitute for a Hand held Hulk Dragon Laser.

170437.jpg

*sighs and sits back admiring his work*...yeah..she looks good ^___^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back