Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motoko

Hey new to the forum, anyways I'll be very blunt since mostly I'm in a jam because of my own stupidity.

Boils down this, I want to be able to have some armor made up for the release of Halo: Reach next month (Wouldn't we all) Anyways the problem is I have zero experience in paper... whatever it's called, the advanced oragami thing and even from there the whole process of actually making the armor.

So yeah I could maybe learn it in like a year (Probably more) but I simply don't have the time.

That being said I know this is not the site to ask for someone to make me armor, that being said I was wondering if anyone had suggestions because right now I'm staring at this, my crap attempt at remaking a pad into armor.

Or rather a shin pad from like soccer or something, using plaster of paris then molding it into something armor looking, this seems like a really dumb idea right now considering it's already fragmenting along the front not to mention I have no idea how I'm going to make chest... or thigh... or anything that bassically doesn't cover an extremity like arms and legs.

So came down to this I was willing to spend like 6-700 on a suit, was being a tiny bit more realistic then someone who wanted to do it for 120$. Now with this in mind you'd think oh hey! go buy that rubies one... I would, but I got thier helmet and like... well let's just say while ok in detail the damn thing is like way oversized so it's looks retarded which leads to questions on the rest of the suit which I can't personally analyze.

So I just wanted to hear suggestions, most will probably say "too bad should have started earlier or be awesome." Or break down and buy the Rubies suit... or pay 2 grand to have someone make you some armor (Which I simply can't in all good conscience do.)

So I guess really like my only option would be this, if there is anyone in Northern Colorado near Denver that does this stuff that could help me build my own would be great, since I have Zero experience in this stuff. The biggest part about this that sucks is really the fact that I'm doing this so close to release of the game I want it for, now granted even after the release of course I'd use this armor... hell would probably sleep in the da** thing.

Anyways appreaciate any ideas mainly cause maybe making armor is easier then what forum post after forum post puts it out to be.

Like Brandon McClain always says: Good, Fast, Cheap, pick two for your suit. :D

From your explanation, it sounds like you should pick good and fast. $600 is a good price point for nearly any set of options. My first suggestion is to talk to Brandon himself about getting some pieces made. As a definite noob, (no offense) you obviously don't have access to the classifieds, so I would recommend sending Brandon an email. For $600-700 you could reasonably get most all of a suit purchased, and with a small amount of time, scratch build whatever small parts were still needed.

I'm sure you've probably heard talk of 2k plus suits. There are definitive reasons for this, however, a suit you finish yourself is going too cost much, much less.

Well the flip side in all this is I managed to buy an EVA type helmet that's really actually well done, now to actually put work into making it looks nice since it's a rough cast, really I'm looking it main components that define the armor, such as chest leg armor etc, mainly the chest cause it's so detailed, and thus a super hard part to reproduce.

Also how do I send a email to Brandon? I can't send private messages to his profile apparently...

Well I don't want to give out his email without his permission, so I would recommend posting a message on his wall. You can do that on his profile page.

Ok so I contacted Brandon, which he said he couldn't do under budget, so he directed me to Sean Bradley to make some Vaccuform ODST Armor, now problem is I can't find out how to get a hold of him and I don't see anywhere where I can write on his wall. >.> or email him for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back