Any One Own A Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i just wanted to see how many of you guys/gals own a mac

I own a powermac g4 ( got it for free off of cl)

I'm thinking about preordering the mack os x snow leopar any one eless?

-mario

I use a mac too. It is the 2008 macbook. I use a partitioned hard drive especially for pep! lol but I love my mac. It is so personal and custom. PC's are too much of a business man's computer for me. I am not getting snow leopard though, I really dont need it.

Yeah i own mac osx panther 10.3. 9 and it sucks so i need an upgrade

and yes the guy in red i know i posted this two time it running real slow right not and i puched it tomany times

I've got four. The early '08 2.4 C2D iMac, my primary machine which runs all my 3D stuff, 1.42 Mac Mini running as a headless controller for the prototyper, a Macintosh Plus, and a Macintosh 512k.

The last two are more of a collectible, the Plus runs but I don't have an OS disk and the 512k rusted out so I gutted it to use it for something else... what that is I don't yet know

marioknight92 said:
... I own a powermac g4 ( got it for free off of cl)

I'm thinking about preordering the mack os x snow leopar any one eless?...

The Powermac G4 is PPC isn't it? If so you wont be able to use Snow Leopard on it, that's going to be intel only as far as I know. I haven't pre-ordered it myself but I'll be buying it, looks awesome so far :D

marioknight92 said:
... and yes the guy in red i know i posted this two time it running real slow right not and i puched it tomany times

I figured as much and just hid the other one, didn't want to delete it until I knew which one people were posting in ;) But I was actually posting in here and not calling you out on it or anything :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Belakor said:
I've got four. The early '08 2.4 C2D iMac, my primary machine which runs all my 3D stuff, 1.42 Mac Mini running as a headless controller for the prototyper, a Macintosh Plus, and a Macintosh 512k.

The last two are more of a collectible, the Plus runs but I don't have an OS disk and the 512k rusted out so I gutted it to use it for something else... what that is I don't yet know

The Powermac G4 is PPC isn't it? If so you wont be able to use Snow Leopard on it, that's going to be intel only as far as I know. I haven't pre-ordered it myself but I'll be buying it, looks awesome so far :D

I figured as much and just hid the other one, didn't want to delete it until I knew which one people were posting in ;) But I was actually posting in here and not calling you out on it or anything

No it the good one mdd

Machine Model: Power Mac G4

CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (2.1)

Number Of CPUs: 2

CPU Speed: 867 MHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB

L3 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 133 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.4.6f2

marioknight92 said:
... CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (2.1)...

PowerPC is also known as PPC, which is the older architecture that isn't supported in a lot of new releases (like Snow Leopard).

It's a bit of a shame, my Mac Mini is PPC and I had to upgrade to the iMac just so I could run newer apps. Pretty much my whole reason for upgrading was to run Parallels, which truly saddens me because I hate Windows but there are things I have to have it for

i got a Macbook the aluminum with black screen its pretty good i like Leopard OSX way better than Windows for pretty much everything except gaming, but for that i got my pc and xbox360 :D

ive got the imac intel 24": 3,06-GHz with all the upgraded parts inside.

gotta love the biggest imac :D

Oh man, I just got my hands on a shiny new 13" MacBook Pro. Loving it, but how do you people handle old data? I've got two external hdds, both NTFS (FAT not an option) with loads of videos projects. I really want access to the hdd from the mac (windows access would be nice, but I might just buy MacDrive and use hfs+ all over). Any tips? I have ample space on both...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back