Any Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloArmourMGHS

hi im a noob (lol) and i would like to know if any one has any tips or can answear some of the question

1.i dont know how to get heavy weight card stock i live in the uk dose any one have any ideas of alternatives that i can print on ?

2.i cant find any aqua resin in the uk i was told that jesmonite would be a great alternative.

3.how would i hold the armour in place when it is setting ive saw people use rulers and alsorts including tape.

thx or all your help

MGHS ARMOUR TEAM

Hey there, First an foremost, welcome to the 405th. I too am in the UK so had a bit of trouble with this. To be honest, Im just using whatever plain white card I come across as my base. As for resin an fibreglass, I'm, using 'Davids Fastglas' resin, hardener and fibre glass matting. I'm not quite to the bondo stage yet, but I'm fairly sure that they o a Boy filler too, so buy that. It's all available from halfords at fairly reasonable prices. As for holding the pieces ogether, I use a hot glue gun, as the glue doesn't melt when the resin heats up. Good luck with whatever you decide to build, hope this has helped, and feel free to pm me with any more questions.

Krovikan Corvinus

Welcome to the 405th. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you with finding materials in the UK. In the meantime, I think I can give you a pretty good answer to your last question regarding supports.

A lot of the models come with some pre-fabricated support struts included in the pep. If you take a cue from that, then a piece of paper folded properly should do you just fine. Otherwise, cardboard, rulers, popsicle sticks etc all work. A few of us even use expandable foam to fill in certain models while the outside is being resined and such. Basically anything that you see around you that might work is worth a try. Most of us are still experimenting around here.

Best of luck to you, and I hope we see some good work from you soon.

Mal

*EDIT* Apparently, I type pretty slow, someone beat me to the punch. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back