Anybody still play Halo Wars? This n00b needz HELPZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuffuloo

Hello, people. I hope you're having a great day.

My friend and I recently dusted off our copies of Halo Wars, and we battle each other 1v1 a lot. He always wins.

He plays as Arbiter, and rushes in early on with a big flock of banshees. I'm determined to beat him as one of the UNSC leaders, but no matter what I do, I CAN'T defend against his banshee rush.

I'm starting to think it's impossible to beat this Arbiter-led banshee rush. All the reading I've done online says that if you know it's coming you should be able to defend against it no problem, but I never have enough built up in time to ward off his attack.

Any tips?

I like to think that Halo Wars is like rock-paper-scissors, and that if you know what you're in for, you should be able to counter it. But I haven't found an effective counter (playing as UNSC) to this banshee 'strategy.'

So helpz would be nice. :)

I still play and if you want somene else to play halo wars with send me a friend my GT is 405th account name. As for the banshee rush tip warthog rush him what you do is you first build a reactor and two supply pads but do the reactor first, buy a warthog when the reactor is coming up and it will be done about 10 sec before you reactor finishes coming up once its up buy gunner for your hog after build around 2 or 4 more hogs as first rush then rush his base. While your first hogs are rushing keep building more and dont forget to build more supply pads and leave one space for a second reactor after you have around 15 hogs hitting his base buy grenadier. Your main targets need to be any building that makes units and his arbiter also you NEED TO BE ANDER'S because everything is cheap to make and builds quicker and if he gets banshee's up a cryo bomb will make them shater like glass :$

Carpathia, if you say so. ;)

Flusher, friend request sent. I'll try the hog rush. Will it actually hurt him, or will it only be enough to keep his banshees away?

The results can vary it could really hurt him or he could wipe you out with his arbiter the best way to fight his arbiter is to use a disruption bomb so he can rage if he rages your hogs will not stand a chance also a word of advice if you cryo bomb a base what ever it hits is frozen and disabled so any units that are being built will stop until the cryo bomb ends so if he has no banshee's up cryo his summit and try and hit his temple as well so he loses all his tech level temporarily so no more building units in that amount of time is up. There is another way of attack as well then your hogs are attacking you can get a vehicle depo up and build tanks and send those as reinforcements instead of grenadier hogs just so you know spartan tanks are better and do more damage then regular tanks. Just to let you know rushing is stupid if your playing multiplayer because you need points to rank up and you get very little points if you rust. Those really long battle's are the one's you want so you get the max amount of points, but people who are general's don't need points so they tend to rush just to get their skill ranks higher like ass hole's so if your going up against a General inspect a hog or spartan tank rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back