Anyone Interested In 40k Costuming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to play 40K and even still have a couple eldar bike models. Wouldn't mind building a costume but it would be low on my list right now. Plenty of costuming possibilities.

Yeah I've also thought about doing one of those. Only problem is I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be really short but I'm really tall. Hell but who would actually notice? Plus the hooves would be tough but got all those people that have done elites to learn from

a9bbddef52763f1b90ab961545d700410c0.png

d4e04fa81a2ce782e7c8eaa7295bf818734.png

Just wondering what do you mean by them being short? They are about the size of a human. If you stand next to a Spacemarine you should be short but by no means are you actually short... Compare your self to the grunts in halo and master chief... MAster chief is tall not evey one else is short... so you don't really have to make yourself shorter till you get close to a Marine... lol

hah I see your point... idk I thought I read somewhere that Tau are short. Maybe it is what you're saying and they're just way short compared to space marines. Aren't grunts like 5 ft tall? Pretty sure they are

I have been working on a MK4 got the shoulders finn like a year ago. my do the feet soon after some more MC armor.

no. all space marines are at least ten feet tall. so we're all good. not sure where you heard 5 foot from.

ive got that bolter file.

Jax Archillies said:
no. all space marines are at least ten feet tall. so we're all good. not sure where you heard 5 foot from.

ive got that bolter file.

Yeah I would bet they are close ..I mean in Fire warrior you often saw imp gaurd eye to eye but against the Marines I had to basically Jump to hit them in the face... yeah I heard they are 3 meters tall... right? (SpaceMarines)

Here I just thought of a good test out for you... what if you went a replay of a game and made Tau melee with imperial guard take a few ground shot screen shots and that should give you a good comparison of size...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty bitchin Rob. How'd you make those? I'm going to experiment with a few different ways of making one. My first was pretty much just carboard and duct tape but am working on a resin/bondo one now. Am looking into that Wonderflex material. Resin and bondo is turning out to be pretty heavy and I don't mind the heaviness but it's really hard to strap everything on. Might also try out the guy's from cosplay's guide. They're the ones that did the black templars.
Oh and I was asking if grunts from halo are 5ft tall. Yeah most Astartes are like 3 meters tall but it can vary. Some chapters recruit people then enhance them and some have clones

Actually I read up on this... A marine is taken from exceptional fighting stock, most of the time humans of a minimum of 6'5" with many being closer to 6'9" are chosen. It is rare for humans larger than this to be taken cause often such great size is due to growth defects rather than a stable gene pool of feral warriors.

Rob- those shoulder pads look awesum!
Thorssoli has made a VERY nice beaky marine helmet, plus a kickass bolter, here's his thread on them on therpf:
Thor's warhammer stuff.
I'm thinking about doing some cadain stuff in the future.
Edit: forgot to mention that I'm a pro painter, i don't play very often at all, but i get a LOT of commission work.

I sculpted a tau helmet about a year ago, was going to finish the cotume but work and family took precedence. Now think an Ork, maybe something with a power claw

leftside.jpg

rightquarter.jpg

that tau helm looks amazing :) a guy i know took the same route i usually do, prop first.. and he built a rail rifle to scale that wound up looking HUGE, if i may ask you what did you sculpt the helm from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back