Anyone Interested In 40k Costuming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So very awesome :D. After I'm finished with my Space Marine armor I'll have to seriously debate whether to make an assault marine from the post-heresy Night Lords legion with these pep files or some Mjolnir armor first.

what about these?

193637902_f2f233078b.jpg

193637889_fdb3392125.jpg

193637908_63aba8f70c.jpg

193637924_f424472728.jpg

Wow! those are perfect! Where did you find those pics Jax, I'd love to find out how they made them.

Think those are from cosplay right? I think someone on this forum said they saw them and was able to ask how one of them made it. Not sure what is is but something about them I just don't like. They look kind of cartoonish to me or something. Makes me want to go tackle them and they'll explode and candy will go flying everywhere. Although must say they are very well made and pretty ergonomic. Lol look at the laptop in the last pic. I like the look of the Black Templar's costume more.
Band_of_brothers_by_kaaskop.jpg

They made a guide to make it too.
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=113136
also just found out one of them is making a Mjolnir from scratch!
20_percent_by_kaaskop.jpg

20_percent_backside_by_kaaskop.jpg

I'll try to contact him

I think it might be the paint job that adds to the cartoonish look. I noticed the laptop as well! They look very good but a different paint job (IMO) would have really helped.

Ill have to make a replica of your costume and make it Chaos :p

Maybe I'll get to a 40k costume after my Dead Space Miner Suit :D

the paint jobs are very accurate and the proportions are correct.

no, they were at dragon con a few years back. most of it is papermache with foam afterwards, and otehr wooden hoop ideas. very hard to sculpt that.

but there is very very accurate, etc.

Jax Archillies said:
the paint jobs are very accurate and the proportions are correct.
but there is very very accurate, etc.
thats what i noticed. The pics without the helmet doesn't look right, but with the helmet it looks perfect!
The templars look pretty sweet, ive seen some pics of them before, ill have to have a good look at bolterandchainsword.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do have a few problems if you look close enough though still awesome. My favorite part of theirs is the arms and the gauntlets. Those look flawless

ok im now decided! im working on a really quick rough cardboard black templar chaplain! (im going chaplain so the robes hid most of the armour and i can easily get a skull mask which i can add to any old helmet and make into a chaplain

the kasrkin armour...i cant realy see anone peping that....its mostlyflat....that peped would look terible unless they REALLYknew what they wee doing

and i will not be working on the chaplain now....after a few pms ive decided i cant be bother with the hastle..so all i have left is a injquisitor...or aybe a cadian veteren....i wouldnt be able to do the sholders so id go with my arms out instead lol...already made a REALLY ROUGH bolt pistol....i'll just sintra up the basic armour...and a chain sword....and hey presto...cadian veteren lol...muchg easier...starting on it tonight

Been thinking about this for awhile..collected up masses of images, models, figures... a lot of lil things for inspiration..just no time right now. A Termie would be kinda cool.

I have recently started up some Space Marine armor based on the BlackTemplar armor above. I am working on putting all the pics and all together into a video or just a big post, eventually...

I managed to catch the attention of THQ at a recent convention, so now they're wondering if i can make some space marine armour... Looks like I've got a lot of work to do...

Also, i found this site: http://www.blackcrusade.co.uk/
This guy has made a pretty sweet costume, but the shoulder pads and backpack are WAY to small.

Hey hey everyone, Thought i'd share my knowledge hehe. Well i have dl all the pep files from drake and trint. So now i have 7 bolters being made. If anyone would like one please let me know.. :D i will post pics of my results when finished. they are still being pepped at the moment. Building my halo sniper so kinda sucks.. The helmets i am unsure of... The chest pieces i am waiting for Trints and the shoulders i thought about drakes seeing as the shoulders of most marines are blank i was going to airbrush symbols on and stick seals to them

A Tau costume is on it's way which we are working on.

I downloaded the guide for the space marines that were the black templars and trying to figure out a secure method of approaching this way of building.

i will post later i have to shoot work in 9mins

Regards

Matt

Myself and a friend have decided that...1. i should move to his over the summer (being unemployed it cant hurt to look in other areas) and 2. that we are going to put our perverbial B's to the walls to try to pump out Space Marines for the MCM Expo in Oct .... a tall order we know, but with me having near 100% free time and him having rescources at his disposal im fairly sure we can do it in time or at least be very close :) ... wee shall be using the Guide Pdf that was found on this forum thread linking to another.. (im sure you know which) although we are substituting a few of their methods for a few of our own such as not keeping the entire frame under it when built, instead Fiberglass/filler the body and then split it and bolster the inside with soft foams and lining. thus far, we have a shopping list and a bunch of scaling errors xD

-The Noobface

Man, that tau helm looks good! I agree that a tau costume would be good. as for the hooves, well, standing on the balls of your feet might just work ... i would like to get some termie armour too. maybe someone could pm me the parts? hint, hint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back