Anyone know of a good tactical cosplay resource?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumgoot

Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a dedicated forum or site for tactical cosplay (based after real-life or war-based video games) I've done some searches in the past, but never found anything really susbstantial or centralized. I know people post tactical stuff here and at the RPF from time to time, but was wondering if there is a go-to website for that sort of stuff. Probably not since tactical cosplay kind of gets lost in the sauce between airsoft and reenactment, but figured there was no harm in asking.

Stay awesome!

Depends on how space age you want to go, for closer to down to earth stuff, someplace that sells surplus/old army supplies.

Depends on how space age you want to go, for closer to down to earth stuff, someplace that sells surplus/old army supplies.

Right. I was thinknig more along the lines of a forum or dedicated website/group similar to the 405th. But there doesn't seem to be whole lot out there. Maybe I'll start a tactical cosplay forum someday.... :rolleyes:

I think I read your post wrong lol. I was under the impression you wanted to sell tactical cosplay things. I don't know how I got that from that you said.

Read the fine print, folks!... Or the regular print, in my case.

Good thing I'm not a detective....

LOL, okay that makes sense.. or actually it doesn't... but it makes sense now why that didn't make sense.:p

Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a dedicated forum or site for tactical cosplay (based after real-life or war-based video games) I've done some searches in the past, but never found anything really susbstantial or centralized. I know people post tactical stuff here and at the RPF from time to time, but was wondering if there is a go-to website for that sort of stuff. Probably not since tactical cosplay kind of gets lost in the sauce between airsoft and reenactment, but figured there was no harm in asking.

Stay awesome!

Well years ago there was a site that was dedicated to the Call of Duty cosplay but it's been a few years since I tried to visit it and now it's gone!:cry::cry:
They were good too so as far as that goes I don't know where to turn you to now except....I found a place an reddit. Here it is:
casual Zero cosplay : Blackops4

I don't know if you find anything here but you might if you ask around on there...maybe.

I don't know what the hell happened to the COD cosplayers but they had a huge site like the 405th and they just vanished. Very strange.......

Good luck and hope you find what you're looking for.

Well years ago there was a site that was dedicated to the Call of Duty cosplay but it's been a few years since I tried to visit it and now it's gone!:cry::cry:
They were good too so as far as that goes I don't know where to turn you to now except....I found a place an reddit. Here it is:
casual Zero cosplay : Blackops4

I don't know if you find anything here but you might if you ask around on there...maybe.

I don't know what the hell happened to the COD cosplayers but they had a huge site like the 405th and they just vanished. Very strange.......

Good luck and hope you find what you're looking for.

Yeah, that would've been the idea of what I was looking for. That's so strange... and a shame. :oops: Thanks for the info though!

A friend of mine recommended checking airsoft sites for the apparel. For weapons to turn into props, also check airsoft sites and see if they have a boneyard section. Usually you can find semi good looking airsoft guns that usually, with a little modification, can be made con safe.

This is something I’ve personally done and you can usually find what you need/want. And if something you want/need isn’t in the boneyard, check again in a day or two. Usually, boneyard items get removed and new ones added as people buy and offer to sell.

The problem w/ moding an air-soft weapon is that some cons only allow weapons to be made from certain materials. Air-soft weapons are hard plastics and metal.....you might get away w/ the plastics....but the metal.......not something they won't turn away from and not think "Security Risk".

The problem w/ moding an air-soft weapon is that some cons only allow weapons to be made from certain materials. Air-soft weapons are hard plastics and metal.....you might get away w/ the plastics....but the metal.......not something they won't turn away from and not think "Security Risk".
The other thing about "Con Safe" is firearm props have to be non functional. Even if you bring a Nerf or Boomco gun, if it can still fire a dart there is a good chance you won't be allowed to carry it onto the floor.
The larger Cons have a complete ban on bringing airsoft rifles.

The other thing about "Con Safe" is firearm props have to be non functional. Even if you bring a Nerf or Boomco gun, if it can still fire a dart there is a good chance you won't be allowed to carry it onto the floor.
The larger Cons have a complete ban on bringing airsoft rifles.

And some of those con's bans include air-soft even it they are non functional.

A friend of mine recommended checking airsoft sites for the apparel. For weapons to turn into props, also check airsoft sites and see if they have a boneyard section. Usually you can find semi good looking airsoft guns that usually, with a little modification, can be made con safe.

This is something I’ve personally done and you can usually find what you need/want. And if something you want/need isn’t in the boneyard, check again in a day or two. Usually, boneyard items get removed and new ones added as people buy and offer to sell.

Yeah, I actually have a spring AK-47 that I am planning on modifying into a non-functional prop. As some of you have mentioned, seems that cons are wary of airsoft guns. I contacted the con that I plan on attending (they don't have a weapons policy posted on their relatively vague website) and the reply I got was "nothing too heavy and nothing that shoots". So sounds like they are fairly relaxed and don't have a strict policy (until they do have a problem and then they'll probably get all specific). We know how that goes. I plan on stripping out all the internals other than the bolt and trigger, and I might insert a barrel plug (probably non-permanent). I feel like plugging the barrel can go a long way because it makes it pretty clear you're not going to be launching any projectiles.

Consider yourself lucky. The following is the limits on one of the local conventions.

This list is presented for example purposes and is not intended to be a complete list of unacceptable items.
  • Anything illegal
  • Anything against the [REDACTED] Policies
  • Any real weapons, functional or not
  • Firearms, including anything resembling a real world model firearm, regardless of colour, orange tip, material, etc.
  • BB, Pellet, Paintball and Airsoft guns
  • Any type of exploding device regardless of the method used for detonation, including air & CO2
  • Metal bladed weapons, including swords, knives
  • Glass
  • Ceramics
  • Stone
  • Skates; Roller Blades, Roller Skates, Ice Skates
  • Yaoi/Yuri, Seme, Uke, and/or any other fandom type paddle designed or intended to be used on another person.
  • Anything currently capable of firing or releasing one or more projectiles
If you think about it they inadvertently banned jewelry.

Consider yourself lucky. The following is the limits on one of the local conventions.

This list is presented for example purposes and is not intended to be a complete list of unacceptable items.
  • Anything illegal
  • Firearms, including anything resembling a real world model firearm, regardless of colour, orange tip, material, etc.
  • Any type of exploding device regardless of the method used for detonation, including air & CO2
  • Glass
  • Ceramics
  • Stone
  • Yaoi/Yuri, Seme, Uke, and/or any other fandom type paddle designed or intended to be used on another person.

Wow. That would stink. At least you get to keep your hands free and save money on props. When life hands you lemons.... I guess

• Anything illegal
  • Glass
  • Ceramics
  • Stone

And eye glasses.......

• Anything illegal
  • Glass
  • Ceramics
  • Stone

I think it's funny how they just say "anything illegal" for the first one. Well, duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back