Anyone work with Halo Custom Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshima07

Ok, now, before my laptop took a huge dump, I had the Custom Edition, Halo Editing Kit Plus, and lots and lost of tag packs that I would extract models from to study and create scenes.

Now I am here to humbly ask if there is anyone who can convert these gbxmodels I have into obj or 3ds, because I have been rendered incapable of doing so...

And to clarify, my PC didn't suffer from a virus attack, but a dead battery, missing charger connection pin, and the fact that one of my larger-sized cousins decided to sit on top of the damned thing.

Here's the files I plan to convert:
-Phantom
-Spectre
-Shadow
-Halo 2 Scarab

Thank you all for your eyes and ears, Community.

Oash Koash, Out.

Just 4 files? What is the actual file extension? .gbx? Ill see if I can open those and come back and let you know.

EDIT - It doesnt look like I can be of help with this one. What program did you use before to do this?

Just 4 files? What is the actual file extension? .gbx? Ill see if I can open those and come back and let you know.

EDIT - It doesnt look like I can be of help with this one. What program did you use before to do this?

Ok, problem averted!
Thank's for listening on this one, Arioch, but I figured it out for now.

.gbx, or .gbxmodel, is used by Gearbox games like Borderlands and Halo CE and Custom Edition.
I looked online and found something called the Gbxmodel converter, and then translated the geometry of the file into .obj or .3ds.

If anyone else is interested, I will be posting a link to the component shortly.

Thanks again, 405th!

And here I am again. Only, this time, It's about .max files.

I'm trying to convert my odst soiev into an obj, but it's a .max file. And in order to get it done completely, I need 3ds Max. Again.

Let me reiterate that my PC crashed a while ago, and all of the files and programs I had went along with it.

So, is there anyone out there who can translate this file into obj or 3ds?

Posting the original image and link soon...

Edit:

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:
odstpodpic.jpg

That there is the ODST SOIEV.

Posting link...

Link!!!
SOIEV

Thanks guys!

so, is the model you have of the h3 odst soiev?
'cos i have the game ripped model if that's any help

otherwise i'll have a got at converting the model to .obj
E:nvm - file won't open...

i'll try and upload later, working through a proxy...
CJ

so, is the model you have of the h3 odst soiev?
'cos i have the game ripped model if that's any help

otherwise i'll have a got at converting the model to .obj
E:nvm - file won't open...

i'll try and upload later, working through a proxy...
CJ

The model is a .max, essentially game-ripped but converted through 3ds max.
I'm trying to REVERSE that process, and turn it into an obj.

I have before, but like I said, I lost ALL of my files many moons ago.

Thank's for trying, MS7.

You can open this type of file in Autodesk 3DS Max, but you either need the full commercial lisence or a student account.
The latter is fairly easy to acquire, and is what I've got. Unfortunately, the program I download doesn't want to come up on my PC.
So, I'm sunk.

Thanks again to you guys!

NEVER FEAR!
MS7 IS HERE!

http://www.4shared.com/file/ZSr_ZJKV/odst_pod.html

obj includes pod and 2 variations of the pod doors, as extracted form h3odst

CJ

BLAAAARG-GAAAH!!!
Thank you, MS7!

You are awesome!

On a side note, I also have two other files, one a H3/Reach-Era Shade Turret, and a Mongoose.
Also remember that both of the files are officially from Bungie, and were released for the Halo Custom Edition.
So, if anyone would like to take a crack at them, let me know and I'll post the files.

BLAAAARG-GAAAH!!!
Thank you, MS7!
You are awesome!

On a side note, I also have two other files, one a H3/Reach-Era Shade Turret, and a Mongoose.
Also remember that both of the files are officially from Bungie, and were released for the Halo Custom Edition.
So, if anyone would like to take a crack at them, let me know and I'll post the files.
no prob, i know i'm awesome!
i think i have the h3 shade - but not sure on the mongoose
can probly extract if i can't find it quickly

will post back later
CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back