AR interest... new vid on pg47 11/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam said:
price is going to be in the hundreds... half the people on this forum who talk about getting serious about armor, aren't serious, haven't invested the time, and can't invest the money. This confuses me. It seems like everyone wants movie quality armor, for $50.

The gun is going to be near $300, helmets are going to be $300 - 500, armor is going to be around $2000 .

All new members, please remember this.

I believe the price of Links AR is very reasonable and I do plan on getting one
funds will be in place soon :)

Spartan

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing i think people tend to forget when buying something like this is that you are not buying a mass produced product from a company that makes so many that they can afford to have a low price. What you are buying is a " Hand Crafted piece of art that one person spend weeks or months on end perfecting and getting just right for you! ". People also tend to not realize just how much time is takes to make stuff like this unless they have done it themselves, you can find yourself spending days at a time to just get one small portion of a peice right.

I would ask anyone to take all this into consideration before they remark on the prices. For what he has done he is asking an increadably resonable price, most likely because he is hoping to sell quite a few of them ;-)

thanx guys...im trying to keep my price low....im not trying to make my money back in the 1st ar i sell.....i did spent lots of money on this project over $700 not including how much time i spent into it and it might go up once i get the electronics started, but its fun building this and whatching peoples reactions to the finshed product is the best part of it.

ok i put together a full AR (w/o electronics)
heres the pics :hyper:

far.jpg

far2.jpg

far3.jpg

far4.jpg

far5.jpg

far6.jpg

far7.jpg

far8.jpg

i was scared to bring it back to my apt.....there where kids playing around and when i was walking to my door two parents was smiling till they looked at me with my dark shades and the ar on my shouder, heard one kid said whoa

link4044 said:
i was scared to bring it back to my apt.....there where kids playing around and when i was walking to my door two parents was smiling till they looked at me with my dark shades and the ar on my shouder, heard one kid said whoa

aha thats great. I so would have messed with them. Throw open the door and yell inside "Honey? I've got a present for you..."

Redsleighdown said:
link4044 said:

aha thats great. I so would have messed with them. Throw open the door and yell inside "Honey? I've got a present for you..."

that's what I plan to do when I can get one of those from link.

im just waiting for someone to call the cops on me or get pulled over when i have it laying in the passager seat

You should just get a box for them. you could buys a cradboard box or just go get a bunch of big boxes from behind home depot or something and hot glue your own box that is the right size.

im thinking about making a wooden box then paint it like a military weapons box or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back