Are Artists Takeing Halo Toys Too Far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, it's good scuplting, though I believe the magical floating breatplate one is a modded Mcfarlene EVA figure.

I think, artistically, they're good, very clean sculpting, good paintjobs, whoever did these spent a lot of time and effort on them.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Meh, it's good scuplting, though I believe the magical floating breatplate one is a modded Mcfarlene EVA figure.

I think, artistically, they're good, very clean sculpting, good paintjobs, whoever did these spent a lot of time and effort on them.

I agree with you about the quality of these figures, but they're just not my cup of tea, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh ok not where i thought the thread would go.. i was pointing out that the sculpts looked good but would any of the females on the 405th want to build their armor like these as examples. the yellow one does look like the sexy spartan project already being sculpted. i was not trying to bash any artist just ask for some constructive critisism on them and if these sculptures would be armor building possibilitys for the women only if they would like of course.

and yes i did say that these are really far off from the normal armor and yes its guys sculpting these but i meant that why do these always need to be so skimpy.. but this argument was already resolved i see by MsCommanderFluffy.

Queen said:
I agree with you about the quality of these figures, but they're just not my cup of tea, if you know what I mean.

Yep, exactly. I don't particularly like the figures for the concept, but the artistic ability is worth commending.

They're well sculpted, I'll give them that. But honestly I don't see the point of it. Let people do what they want, I can bet an unlimited amount of money that those are not the worst things on the internet.

Video games do aim at a male consumer base, it seems, though. Although really it only seems prominent in those crazy fantasy RPGs where women look like complete whores.

My two cents.

The sculptors are probably 50 year old child molesters who are complete perverts. They probably made life sized ones to.

WTF? Cayoke, seriously not a cool post. I've removed it but make sure you don't post that kind of talk again.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
They're well sculpted, I'll give them that. But honestly I don't see the point of it. Let people do what they want, I can bet an unlimited amount of money that those are not the worst things on the internet.

Video games do aim at a male consumer base, it seems, though. Although really it only seems prominent in those crazy fantasy RPGs where women look like complete whores.

My two cents.

Agree, Thats why I love RPG'S, J/K :p

Belakor said:
WTF? Cayoke, seriously not a cool post. I've removed it but make sure you don't post that kind of talk again.

I dont see how it is bad but heres another post.

Looking at thoes sculptures have scarred my child hood.

Ever taken a moment to think that someone is looking at the 405th - a group of individuals that make props based off of fiction based IP's so they can wear it. It doesn't function like it's fictional counterpart does. It's not even made out of the same material. They spend hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars over their prop building career replicating things that someone else already made. And then wonder why we do what we do? Possibly even chastise us for it?

Double standards kids. They're annoying~

On point, I see no problem with them. I don't own them, I wouldn't buy them, I wouldn't display them in my house. But if that makes someone happy, who am I to judge? Because I'm pretty sure there are people out there that see my armor building as silly and pointless but they let me do it without criticism because it makes me happy and I'm not hurting anyone.

Artist generally generate works of art because it's their passion. So long as that work of passion can't destroy your life or something - judge not ~ and all that jazz.

Assassin716 said:
i believe these sculptors that make these dont have the intimate behavior that we members of the 405th (male & female) have with the opposite sex,

Thus the sculptor needs some connection to the female body and turns to clay......thats my hypothesis.

Rude, jealous nerd, much?

Making statuettes like this isn't an outlet for pent-up sexual stress. If people needed to do that, they'd go into the bathroom and whack one out, I guess.

As far as I care, this is on the same level as somebody drawing tasteful nudity and putting it up on dA - it's just art. Somebody got a concept, thought 'hey, let's see how this looks!' and did it. Nothing so innocent and innocuous as that.

I agree that some of this stuff does get a little out of hand, but I believe Xalener had a valid point. These sculptures are art, even if they are a bit too much. I don't hear people complaining about the millions of nude paintings or sculptures that are hung on the walls of museums across the world. I say leave well enough alone. If the artists want to express themselves in this mostly sexist way, so be it.

- Adulese

PS: This is not meant to start any flame war, this is just my opinion. Leave it at that.

Arcanine said:
Making statuettes like this isn't an outlet for pent-up sexual stress.

This. Also, I clearly remember some female Spartan wallpaper some guy made a while ago and posted here, and nobody seemed to care even though it was obviously made with sex appeal in mind. Then there's that "sexy Spartan WIP" that nobody seems to be bashing anymore, and countless other things that would be better to oppose than some guy with some free time and clay.

EDIT: And Tafumi's got a great point. The same people who BAW about other people thinking armoring is silly are the ones saying that sculptures are silly. How ironic how it works out.

To summarise:

It really, really doesn't matter. D:

I know loads of girls who would wear this stuff at cons. But then those are the sorts of girls you find at cons, I guess.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
This. Also, I clearly remember some female Spartan wallpaper some guy made a while ago and posted here, and nobody seemed to care even though it was obviously made with sex appeal in mind. Then there's that "sexy Spartan WIP" that nobody seems to be bashing anymore, and countless other things that would be better to oppose than some guy with some free time and clay.

EDIT: And Tafumi's got a great point. The same people who BAW about other people thinking armoring is silly are the ones saying that sculptures are silly. How ironic how it works out.

Does nobody read my posts?

Peter Cooper said:
To summarise:

It really, really doesn't matter. D:

I know loads of girls who would wear this stuff at cons. But then those are the sorts of girls you find at cons, I guess.

haha, I never thought of that till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back