Are there any complete molds out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPO mendez

I've been seeing a lot of talk of molding in yonder threads, and i was wondering if there are any complete armor molds floating somewhere around here. And if there are what are they and if they may be available.

Anything, i guess...

Amazing how you could start a thread that goes no where. The forum is being flooded with threads that are irrelevant or not adding value to the community. Thread like this is not helping anyone. Unless if you have something to share or specific questions that cannot be answered in the stickies, I suggest that MODs lock this thread as well.

jesus, dude. calm the hell down! i couldn't find anywhere else to ask this question. if you have a bug up your ass about it, don't come trolling through the thread and try to actually come at it with some maturity.

yeah ithica has some molds of just about everything, benstreeper has some molds of some pretty neat armor parts. and btw, i love your sig.

the real purpose of this site though is inspirational support from fellow peers, a DIY - with support, Do It Yourself doesn't have to mean do it alone. Asking for molds or buying isn't really the goal of the site - and I think it violates the rules to do directly on the page (what happens off site or in private is up to the builder of course) but honestly... the thing even more awesome than these amazing suits of armor... are making it yourself, that pride.. you can't put a $ on.

When it's done, or near done, and you walk in public- test walking/sitting/movement for the big day (wether that be "Halo"ween, a convention, a birthday, holiday, or just cuz) and all the looks and smiles and "OMFG LOOK AT THAT" you get... there's absolutely only 1 thing better then that - being able to tell the truth when they ask "where did you buy that?" and being able to say "I made it myself" their eyes bug out of their heads and jaws drop the ground, you earn 1,000 respect just for that fact...

But not everyone is in it for the pride and honor. So back to your question.. yes some of the Elite armors have molds made - cuz molds are expensive and to most of us only the "elite" pieces deserve molding.

For my reason - my good armor will be molded and repainted - and the original turned into a wearable decoration being held up by a PVC pipe skeleton of me - like Platemail soldiers standing against a castle wall as decoration. A plaque will be made describing the item, models used, unfolders, and lights added as a display. Literally - make a museum of armor. I will then wear and break the replica's made from that mold.

jesus, dude. calm the hell down! i couldn't find anywhere else to ask this question. if you have a bug up your ass about it, don't come trolling through the thread and try to actually come at it with some maturity.

Isn't that kinda imature thoe :/

Back to the question.Yes people do have molds but usely they do't sell them.

Molds pop up from time to time in the Classifieds, which is the only appropriate place for this discussion.

But beware they're not cheap, usually 2-4 times the cost of buying a cast from it. Sometimes buying a mold will give you the rights to make and sell your own casts from it, which is a part of why they cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back