Soft Parts Are there any step-by-step tutorials on Foam Armor making with templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiba963

I know this is probably not the place to post a noob question like this, but for some reason the site won't let me post in the Noob Threads. I've looked all over the site for a tutorial of sorts and can't seem to find any. Can someone help me out?

Thanks

K-9

Not really any step by step that I know of, however coverting even a complex pep to foam is pretty straightforward if you want to use templates. Just lose all the tabs and part sthat give the pep parts 'thickness'. You use the thickness already inherant in the foam instead.

I've managed to use quiute a few pep files in this way.

Here ya go! Just came across these by accident while on another site. The guy has these tutorials all uploaded to youtube. Possibly the only in depth video foam tutorials I know of!

I watched through them and there were some areas where I wasn't too crazy about his method, but again, this foam thing is a newer approach on this site and when doing this, you may come up with YOUR OWN idea on how to accomplish building with foam. :)

Anyway, these are still VERY helpful for people who want to get started with the foam builds. There are FOUR parts in all. So pay VERY close attention to these. :)

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link, good vids. I have a couple of videos on the pages in my sig that cover some of the basic cutting and shapemaking. nothing too spectacular, no fancy music or anything but you might glean a few tips.
Good luck and happy armoring.

I'm really interested in foam armor cuz it seems way more fun and easy than the whole fiberglassing deal. Plus its probably a very efficient way of accuracy:)

There are a lot of people who are willing to share their knowledge, including me. :)

I started documenting my foam build in my YouTube channel. My first video is a quick tutorial on foam. See my signature for my channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back