Armor Builders In or Near Central Florida Going to Mega-Con

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you got a plan, but it seems like its the under armor thats cooking me sad thing is its not that heavy, so fans wouldn't help me, I may build something else for Megacon if I have the time, I have all the materials I just got to get to building it

Heck, Who says you only have to bring One suit to Megacon =u= hehehe....

I Know no one has posted in this thread in a while, But I Just wish to give a shout out to those in the central Florida area saying keep up the good work, Keep building and creating awesome armor for Mega-con In February. And No lol Armor is not a requirement if you wish to represent the 405th at Mega-con. So Keep Building 405th RT Out.

ohhh Thats awesome actually lol, Good to see there are 405th Members all over the 50 states d ^v^.

Oh yeah, no doubt it's great to see we're all over. It's just that I don't know of anyone nearby that could help me get started. I want to see some finished work in person to really inspire me. My biggest problem is that my printer is garbage and I don't currently have any other supplies other than a large stock of Bondo (I work at a body shop) and paint. I want a really good reason to push me to get a new printer and really get started.

Oh yeah, no doubt it's great to see we're all over. It's just that I don't know of anyone nearby that could help me get started. I want to see some finished work in person to really inspire me. My biggest problem is that my printer is garbage and I don't currently have any other supplies other than a large stock of Bondo (I work at a body shop) and paint. I want a really good reason to push me to get a new printer and really get started.

Well my friend, i have a Garbage printer as well, and the work that goes into building armor like this takes A LOT of time. And with one pack of 250 sheets of 110 cardstock i completed about half of my armor, Mostly the big stuff too. So just know that on here the support you have MAY be digital, But trust me lol there is a lot of it. d ^^. And what i meant with the lots of time put into building is, You may be able to find someone to trade ink, or resin, or fibeglass, or even paper for bondo while your building in the Pep stage. All you gotta do is hunt around man.

Central Florida Halo Costuming Company.

Ok guys i have been doing some planning along with my building and i finally decided i would like to start a Company (12 to 15 People) Of halo Costume builders in the central Florida Area to get together and go represent the 405th at Anime conventions all across florida where possible. Now if anyone is interested PLEASE feel free to message me personally or post here for i know that there are a lot of dedicated builders in central Florida, and i know that you know how awesome it would be to blow people away with our builds at Large conventions such as Mega-con in February. I Look forward to any messages or any info to let me know If this has already been done by someone else. I searched the Threads and have not found YET any specific mention of a name of someone who is in charge of a Central Florida Company. And if you will have me i would be honored to lead a Company of Spartans and ODST's into Megacon in February and blow people away. Keep Building 405th RT Out.

Ok guys i have been doing some planning along with my building and i finally decided i would like to start a Company (12 to 15 People) Of halo Costume builders in the central Florida Area to get together and go represent the 405th at Anime conventions all across florida where possible. Now if anyone is interested PLEASE feel free to message me personally or post here for i know that there are a lot of dedicated builders in central Florida, and i know that you know how awesome it would be to blow people away with our builds at Large conventions such as Mega-con in February. I Look forward to any messages or any info to let me know If this has already been done by someone else. I searched the Threads and have not found YET any specific mention of a name of someone who is in charge of a Central Florida Company. And if you will have me i would be honored to lead a Company of Spartans and ODST's into Megacon in February and blow people away. Keep Building 405th RT Out.

what about the conventions in S.Florida? also, I may be going to Megacon... :3

what about the conventions in S.Florida? also, I may be going to Megacon... :3

The thing about Conventions in south Florida is Its south Florida Miami, and places like that I myself am not able to go to those conventions at this time. But its a free country anyone can go anywhere to any con they want to represent the 405th. My Main focus on con's at the moment though Is Megacon because its not the only con coming up in central florida but it is the biggest.

I should have my Marine armor by then if not a Chief, if I'm going to mega I'd be glad to help out with the table, bring a lid to sit on display, etc.

Mega-con!!!

Ok So here is what i have been told so far is that it looks like it will cost about 750 bucks for all three days for a booth. I have as of yet been unable to confirm this though so it could be less and it could very well be more. Now T-shirts are a possible thing to sell but i also have been thinking That T-Shirts alone might not be enough to net a profit for the price of the booth and the cost of the Shirts. As well since we would be going to represent the 405th Costuming community we HAVE to and i stress HAVE as in it is required (lol) figure some way to fold into the booth Armor and prop Construction. I have started a Group on Facebook, The 405th Florida Costuming Battalion. And So Far we have three members. So Please do join that if you wish to help in the planning and such as that is where; and i am hoping, That we can develop some sort of organization and order so that this does not get out of hand. PM me for details and such and i look forward to your replies. Keep building 405th RT Out.

frist let me say WOW!! i didnt think there where so many of us here in FL an it goes to show you the 405th is every. Oh an the whole making a centarl FL chapter is epic an I live in lake city so I can't recall if its central but if I am ill join you guys. I've helped my stepdad with his boat repair busniess so i know a thing or two about fiberglass and bondo on a large scale if it helps.

I'm in Melbourne and I'm working on a mk6 build, I have to make a photobucket so I can make a progress thread, but as long as it's done I'm down to meet up at megacon, I was planning on going anyway. I didn't see any Spartans last year

frist let me say WOW!! i didnt think there where so many of us here in FL an it goes to show you the 405th is every. Oh an the whole making a centarl FL chapter is epic an I live in lake city so I can't recall if its central but if I am ill join you guys. I've helped my stepdad with his boat repair busniess so i know a thing or two about fiberglass and bondo on a large scale if it helps.

Florida Costuming Battalion on Facebook.. We'd Love to have you join. Look for the group with the Storm Trooper, and a master chief helmet on the inside of a florida state outline. OUt of state people are welcome as well. The Florida name just represents where we are stationed.

I'm in Melbourne and I'm working on a mk6 build, I have to make a photobucket so I can make a progress thread, but as long as it's done I'm down to meet up at megacon, I was planning on going anyway. I didn't see any Spartans last year

Awesome. The whole details on the Megacon Deal is still in the planning stages. But at the least i know that we can get a few people together to represent the 405th and show off our armor and all of our skills. And most importantly i know this is going to be fun :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back