armor creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Feisty Lime

i am looking into creating my own armor but i dont know where to start. i have an idea on what i want it to look like but i need help. WHERE SHOULD I START?

Start by reading everything that says "sticky" next to it. Also, watch Adam's intro video. That's a sticky in the noob forum, so you'll definitely come across it.

He probably meant which PART (of the armor) should he start at :p

I would say try small, then get bigger, I have nothing done yet but its what i'll do when i get my stuff to start!

what materail(s) would give me the best quality

The materials I use my self are 110LB card stock, and large bottle of elmers glue, either a tooth pick or something about that diameter to apply the glue to the tabs, and an exacto knife to cut out the pieces.

That's for the prep, For resining I use aqua resin mostly and when I really need reinforcement i use Automotive body repair resin with fiberglass mat, And some bondo to smooth everything out.

what materail(s) would give me the best quality

It would be a lot easier to answer your questions if they were more precise. Without knowing what you want to do, it's kind of hard to suggest any materials.
Even if Bullseye is right assuming that you want to make a paper model, your personal preferences are a huge factor. Maybe you'd prefer super glue or hot glue over Elmer's. And regardless of material, your skill is a second big factor.

Ask us anything and I'm sure we can point you in the right direction and offer advise. Welcome to the 405th.
:)

The materials I use my self are 110LB card stock, and large bottle of elmers glue, either a tooth pick or something about that diameter to apply the glue to the tabs, and an exacto knife to cut out the pieces.

That's for the prep, For resining I use aqua resin mostly and when I really need reinforcement i use Automotive body repair resin with fiberglass mat, And some bondo to smooth everything out.

You forgot the case of energy drinks.

all right guys, i have drawn out what im gonna do for my armor on paper, and i have decided to use the foam urethine (mind the spelling, yes i know theres a spell check, BUT I DONT GIVE A CRAP!) but i dont know where to get it. any ideas?

Hello Fiesty, if you mean EVA foam like the ones you see in gyms that can be locked together like puzzles, you can find them online HERE or Sears, Target and Walmart. If you mean the blue foam mats, I've used the Ozark Trails camping pad foam for my kid's Halloween costumes and got them from Walmart's camping dept. for $5 bucks a roll. Hope this helps and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back