Armor Decal / Patch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mine right in my sig that I did in Illustrator, was a simple one to make.

Wow... just realized I hadn't stopped by this thread for almost a month, lol.

The armour patches/logo's everyone's shown here are all really kewl. I like what everyone's come up with. Will really help to add some variety amongst those of us who'll be in full MJOLNIR armour at DragonCon, heh.

Btw, Skullcandy... anything new to report on those "kill" notches we'd been discussing earlier in this thread? Have you fiddled around with any of those in Illustrator? o_O

helios said:
Question. Is Adobe Illustrator a vector program? I ask because I am getting quite proficient with Inkscape, which is another vector illustrator.

Yes Illustrator is vector, as well as Flash. There is also a basic vector function in Photoshop. :)

I like your patches Seno and Spartan :D I love bright red patches :)

@ SpartanII: Ah haha nah I haven't had a chance to revisit the "kill" notches. I got over taken by the other projects I started XD I'm glad the thread is still getting interest :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Skullcandy Girl said:
I like your patches Seno and Spartan :D I love bright red patches :)

The only time I dont like mine is when I get thrown on the Red Team :rolleyes

"There are two bases...One for the Red Team and one for the GOOD TEAM!"
3dda024128a0fa5aef8fe010.M.jpg

On the other hand I was thinking about doing some subdued emblems like the military uses on the combat uniforms.

Like these:
US%20Army%20Vietnam%20Reg%20Full-Subd.JPG
1st.%20Cav%20Reg%20Full-Subd.JPG

But maybe more detailed like this.
75th%20Logistics%20Group.jpg
126th%20Air%20Refueling%20Wing.JPG
72nd%20Medical%20Group.jpg

Then of coures ther is the desert subdued:
363D%20Air%20Expeditionary%20Wing.jpg
419th%20Fighter%20Wing%20(Desert).jpg

These can make for a more authentic military look on the armor.

@ Spartan099: I think those are great inspirations :) That's where I got my inspiration from :) My Uncle works on F-15's for the Saudi's. So he's always sending us flight patches for Campaigns and Squadrons.

Great find :D

Skullcandy Girl said:
@ Spartan099: I think those are great inspirations :) That's where I got my inspiration from :) My Uncle works on F-15's for the Saudi's. So he's always sending us flight patches for Campaigns and Squadrons.

Great find :D

No prob I was in the Air Force for 6 years. So I have a lot of Ideas for patches. I want to do a green woodland subdued, a desert subdued, a black(special ops) subdued and maybe be something with the new ACU ABU camo style. I just need to work a little more with the illustrator program.

Skullcandy Girl said:
[...]

@ SpartanII: Ah haha nah I haven't had a chance to revisit the "kill" notches. I got over taken by the other projects I started XD I'm glad the thread is still getting interest :D

Aw, bugger... well now, that's kinda unfortunate, lol. I was really looking forward to seeing what those would look like based on our discussion of them. Let me know when you got back to those, I'd be more than willing to help out in some way... :cool:

Skullcandy Girl said:
[...]

@ SpartanII: Yeah, I do plan on visiting the idea... just sooooooo busy XD

Well, that's understandable. I know just what you mean, lol. I'm just glad to see that it hasn't been forgotten about... :)

Some one asked about vinyl stickers. I had some made but the came out too big for what I need them for. I think it was a scaling problem. I hate the metric system ha ha.

Here are the pics

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

The dollar is for reference a US dollar bill is roughly 6''. They are about 7 3/4'' and I only needed about 5 1/2''. Other than that I think they came out awesome!

Erm... I'm kinda new here and would like to contribute a bit to the forums. Well, here something for all the girls here on 405. I'm still working on some minor tweeks and stuff. Grey areas are to be cut off. Will release the completed version in illus CS2 file soon.Enjoy.
405themblemmr8.jpg

SPARTAN II said:
Btw, Skullcandy... anything new to report on those "kill" notches we'd been discussing earlier in this thread? Have you fiddled around with any of those in Illustrator? o_O
Been fiddling with Inkscape, and made some "kill notches". I'll try tio post them sometime, but the computer they're on is out of action, interwebs-wise. I've also made a patch, based on my avatar but a lot simpler, with more basic shapes. Also, I avoided islands for all patches and "kill-notches", so they could possible be used as stencils.

Ashed_Dreams said:
Erm... I'm kinda new here and would like to contribute a bit to the forums. Well, here something for all the girls here on 405. I'm still working on some minor tweeks and stuff. Grey areas are to be cut off. Will release the completed version in illus CS2 file soon.Enjoy.
405themblemmr8.jpg

That's way kewl, Ash! It definately has an Anime feel to it. Actually, she has a striking resemblance to the main character from the "Witch Hunter Robin" series. I like :D

helios said:
Been fiddling with Inkscape, and made some "kill notches". I'll try tio post them sometime, but the computer they're on is out of action, interwebs-wise. I've also made a patch, based on my avatar but a lot simpler, with more basic shapes. Also, I avoided islands for all patches and "kill-notches", so they could possible be used as stencils.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing what you've come up with, dude! ;)

Here are some examples I am working with for the Subdued patches.
spartanpatches.jpg

Dress Patch...........................Desert Patch...........................Subdued 1......................Subdued 2..........................Spec Ops / Recon

Let me know what you guys think.

What I would like, it's patches like in Quake 4. Showing your squad (i.e Rino Squad)

-G-009, you printed your decals with the link SKG gave us?

SPARTAN G-099 said:
Here are some examples I am working with for the Subdued patches.
spartanpatches.jpg

Dress Patch...........................Desert Patch...........................Subdued 1......................Subdued 2..........................Spec Ops / Recon

Let me know what you guys think.

Very KEWL! I especially like the colour scheme for the "Desert" and "Spec Ops/Recon" patches. Personally, I think these would work just as well spray-painted on MJOLNIR armour as they would on an actual UNSC uniform. Nice work! :)

@ Ash: I scrutinized both your "in progress" and "polished" versions of that female SPARTAN logo, but for the life of me couldn't tell what changes you made to it, lol. Still, I like it nonetheless, heh.

Btw, the oddest thought just struck me while looking at it. Where you have "Some text here LOL!!" written underneath the image, maybe we could try inputting "405th MAD CATS", lol.

I know that doesn't make sense at the moment, but let me explain. It's a well-known fact that, for some reason, felines are often associated with femininity (just take a look at our culture; movies, etc.).

As such, I think that would be very appropriate, as it would in some obscure way relate back to the female SPARTANs here but at the same time still sound bad-@$$, heh. Just a thought, anyway... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back