Armor Decal / Patch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullcandy Girl

Aside from paint jobs on your armor, show off your own individual style here! :) Add some flare to your armor or clothing with your creations :)

Here's one decal I'm working on. Please pardon me military, and military savvy people, I'm not all up on my Army jargon, so if I mess up terms and orginazation terms, please don't flail me!

As for the decals, I found a site that sells Water-Slide Decal "paper" for inkjet printers, so some of your ideas can be put to fruition :D
http://www.beldecal.com/inkjet_decals.cfm

The patch end of things is a little up in zee air right now.

This is not a design theory thread, so please refrain from critiquing someone's work unless they openly ask for it.

I decided to make some more "fun" decals. So my first up is a "Rise n Shine" campaign for the "Devil Doll" unit, which as you can guess is made up for the Ladies. I like to call us the MSMC's (Ms. Master Chief)

im planing on having the Ying Yang on my armor (of course White with Black secondary), ive got it on my friends X-Box live for my Halo 2 and 3 symbol.

334699_1968867_huge.jpg
:lol:

AH learning more illustrator hahahaha, here's another for the ladies... I can't seem to find readable typefaces for these damn things XD

The Better Halfs

@ Klowd: Cool :D

I didn't see this thread before I posted in the banner thread, oops.

Sorry for the graininess, but the quality was much better before it was compressed.

This is more related to Adam's Original Logo than the banner, but I thought the people that pay attention to this thread could tell me what they think of this...

3D Logo Idea

It's still in the early stages of being completely finished, but I thought I'd get a consensus before proceeded further with my ideas. This is more an idea for a splash page or main page animation intro. Ideas, suggestions, changes, and serious opinions are welcome.

Adam changed the last word on me, haha. That's an easy fix though.

-Magnum

Last edited by a moderator:
23Magnum said:
I didn't see this thread before I posted in the banner thread, oops.

Sorry for the graininess, but the quality was much better before it was compressed.

This is more related to Adam's Original Logo than the banner, but I thought the people that pay attention to this thread could tell me what they think of this...

3D Logo Idea

It's still in the early stages of being completely finished, but I thought I'd get a consensus before proceeded further with my ideas. This is more an idea for a splash page or main page animation intro. Ideas, suggestions, changes, and serious opinions are welcome.

Adam changed the last word on me, haha. That's an easy fix though.

-Magnum

It's a good start :) I'm not sure what program your using. perhaps you can incorporate a bitmap texture into the specular slot(color) I the animation to me, needs some more "Pop" to it. THough I know you're saying it's in the early stages. Also if you have a Post effects program like After Effects, if you render things out in layers it'll give you more control over the seperate elements on the screen :)

SK Girl, those decals are awesome! I agree the lady SPARTANs definately need something of thier own for armour decoration, and those certainly "fit the bill", imho.

For my own Mk VI armour, I plan on having the Legendary difficulty emblem (Covenant skull with two blades and Hunter shield in back) on one shoulder and most likely the 405th Infantry logo on the other.

I also intend to paint on a small-scale Canadian flag in between the shoulders on the back. I had thought of putting something on the helmet, but I don't want to overdo it, LOL. I think those three decorations will be more than enough... heh heh :cool:

SPARTAN II said:
SK Girl, those decals are awesome! I agree the lady SPARTANs definately need something of thier own for armour decoration, and those certainly "fit the bill", imho.

For my own Mk VI armour, I plan on having the Legendary difficulty emblem (Covenant skull with two blades and Hunter shield in back) on one shoulder and most likely the 405th Infantry logo on the other.

I also intend to paint on a small-scale Canadian flag in between the shoulders on the back. I had thought of putting something on the helmet, but I don't want to overdo it, LOL. I think those three decorations will be more than enough... heh heh :cool:

Hahah yeah I think these are cool for the ladies on here if they chose to use them, I'll probably tweak them so they can be read easily :D

I think all sounds wicked Spartan! :) I think you can get away with small small decals on the helmet :) I have to look at the armor as I build it for placement. I want to put "kill" notches somwhere, maybe the forearm pieces.

Skullcandy Girl said:
It's a good start :) I'm not sure what program your using. perhaps you can incorporate a bitmap texture into the specular slot(color) I the animation to me, needs some more "Pop" to it. THough I know you're saying it's in the early stages. Also if you have a Post effects program like After Effects, if you render things out in layers it'll give you more control over the seperate elements on the screen :)
Well this was done in pure 3D in Autodesk Inventor in it's Studio addon. With that said, I have no idea what a specular slot is. Could you mean lighting or background? Basically, Inventor Studio works where I can control how 3D objects move, motion/location of the camera(s), and I can add lighting effects. The background you see behind the objects is a bitmap, but it was generic one I pick out of the defaults. I can add it to a plan so when the animation is rendered, it shows up then. Studio basically goes frame by frame rendering each image, then puts it into a avi file.

Here are some links that can better show you what I'm working with here.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?...&id=5796791
http://newsletters.hagerman.com/newsletters/ebul35-Mech.htm

It's all I really know how to use and have access to. I'm currently in the process with the second logo design Adam posted. The gold wreaths are the only thing that might give me trouble.

Thanks,
Magnum

Skullcandy Girl said:
AH learning more illustrator hahahaha, here's another for the ladies... I can't seem to find readable typefaces for these damn things XD

The Better Halfs

@ Klowd: Cool :D

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!! But now strangely I'm afraid of women....... and alil hungry.

23Magnum said:
Well this was done in pure 3D in Autodesk Inventor in it's Studio addon. With that said, I have no idea what a specular slot is. Could you mean lighting or background? Basically, Inventor Studio works where I can control how 3D objects move, motion/location of the camera(s), and I can add lighting effects. The background you see behind the objects is a bitmap, but it was generic one I pick out of the defaults. I can add it to a plan so when the animation is rendered, it shows up then. Studio basically goes frame by frame rendering each image, then puts it into a avi file.

Here are some links that can better show you what I'm working with here.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?...&id=5796791
http://newsletters.hagerman.com/newsletters/ebul35-Mech.htm

It's all I really know how to use and have access to. I'm currently in the process with the second logo design Adam posted. The gold wreaths are the only thing that might give me trouble.

Thanks,
Magnum

Hmm I looked at the software, though without seeing the interface in-person I dunno how the modeling app works. If you can actually model in this program, the wreaths won't be too hard to do. Just can draw then with the spline tool, then extrude them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back