Armor... Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after months, and months of sitting on the forums and just watching everyone else's armor I started today... It's about time.. I know. :p

I haven't cleaned it up yet or anything but I did piece it together. I'm not sure if I sized it right... I originally sized it for my ex at a scale for someone 6'4" if I remember correctly.. It turned out too small for him.

I had a hard time getting it over my head but I got it. But then I couldn't get it off... I'm thinking it looks a little big for me once it is on but who knows...

gallery_3706_548_38284.jpg

gallery_3706_548_44024.jpg

gallery_3706_548_32139.jpg

gallery_3706_548_17955.jpg

gallery_3706_548_8878.jpg

gallery_3706_548_30268.jpg

Nice pep build. ;) I'm starting my first halo pep build too. I'm doing the FS-HD helmet. It looks like it's the right size from what I've built so far but judging by the opening it's not going to fit. I'm hoping that taking out some of the opening rim when it's all done will do the trick. Time will tell.

I think yours looks just fine on. Though I'm new to the halo seen. Don't forget you only have your helmet on so when you have the rest or the armor built and on it will probably look just fine.

looks like you know what youre doing

is that a size tester or going to be the real thing?

can you get a face on pic of you standing up with it on, just so we can see how the size is, it loooks ok but the angles of those pics arent very good

anyway, hope this turns out well for you, PM me if ya need any help

NOTE : i usually dont worry about the helmet size, just make the rest of the body so it looks the right size against it, then it will be okay

Yep, that looks like it's scaled pretty good. You do need to trim around the neck area though, it'll make putting it on/off alot easier.

you can cut the neck opening so that your head can fit in it, you know :p

looks ok, nothing to complain about, i would use the H3 stuff now though.

Words to the wise.. if you need to flex the paper at ALL to get it on your head, you need to adjust OR rescale your pep until you don't have to do that. A finished (resined/bondo'd/rondo'd) helmet doesn't flex at all.

(umm.. incase you missed the other posts mentioning that in different wordings.. I'm just telling you the "why") :)

Looks good though... what's going on with the cheeks though? almost looks like a Halo 1 cheek with a Halo 3 lid.

(or maybe that's just me.. I haven't made a pep one)

rvb4life said:
you can cut the neck opening so that your head can fit in it, you know :p

looks ok, nothing to complain about, i would use the H3 stuff now though.
Most HD models take a lot of time (and often planing) to put together, so some people can get them done faster buy just detailing the H2 models after they are fiberglassed.

Now, I'm not saying the HD models are a bad thing (I think they're great), but they're not for everyone.

I love the HD armor pieces, the originals are too different from the finished product to get an accurate suit, without cutting and bondo-ing most of the original pep away.

If you want something with more detail, but don't want to spend loads of time working on it, try Sylfo's helm. It's a nice medium between HD and regular.

By the way, your helmet looks great. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Look s great so far Evil :D I had to same crap happen too, got on ok, taking it off... ouchie. My hair got caught and getting it off around my ears hurt! I dun have big ears either :(

Looks great so far keep itup!

I had the helmet printed on my card stock for 6 months now.... are you saying this is a H2 helm? I guess I never noticed... :cautious:

It's not important if you willing to spend the extra time in the shop adding bondo detailing and sanding... if you want to cut as much of that down as possible though you want to use a HD model.

^^^Have you honestly never seen pics of SkullCandy Girl, Vexona, BlacroseImmortal, and several other's that don't come to mind just now?
@Evil Femle- Looks good. Keep at it and I can personally guarante that you will eventually havean Increadible set of Armour.

The HELMET is looking good right now, looking forward to more updates. When are you planning on fiberglassing? And got any more parts printed out? I didn't read the first post too much, mainly just scanned through it, so if one of those were answered i'll edit it out.

helios said:
^^^Have you honestly never seen pics of SkullCandy Girl, Vexona, BlacroseImmortal, and several other's that don't come to mind just now?
Evil Femle- Looks good. Keep at it and I can personally guarante that you will eventually havean Increadible set of Armour.

Good work on the base Pep model so far. And yes, that is the low-detail HALO 2 file. But, that's the one I've been using and if you've seen any pics of mine (viewable in my profile gallery), it's working out just fine.

I even drafted a set of templates for the details I've built into the base model (and I had to add a lot to get the right look to it), so if you want to finish it up somewhat the same let me know and I'll e-mail you a set of them or something.

It'll be a lot more detailed and accurate to the in-game models than it is now, if that's what you're aiming for.

Keep up the good work, girl ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back