Rubber armor?

Clarkusmc

After watching the vidocs for the new season of the TV show, I saw how they talked about the heir suits being more flexible, and to me they look like a more rubber material. That being said, anyone have ideas as.to how to make that kind of Armor? My thoughts are to make molds somehow, and would be very interested but know it's gonna be a hard, complex, and expensive endeavor.

There's several videos on Adam Savage's "Tested" YouTube series were he visits a couple of the major costume shops like "Weta" over in the UK and others: The ones that made Ironman armor for the movies... the ones that made the armor for Halo The Series... One where they actually let him do the hot spray polyurethane into the molds.

If you kinda put all those together in your head and fill in the blanks in between you get a solid feel for the process... but not a 1-2-3 guide by any means.

Like SgtSaint said lots of videos on this but from my adventures mold making can get expensive i do plan on makeing a set of my master chief in latex rubber so as to0 be flexable my suit now has pich points if you catch it the wrong way it will make you jump ouch! but i did find a material today that look like the ribbed pattern of there under suit i will have to take a photo of the type it is when i get home from work

i found this on my break..

Last edited:
Ok here is the fabric I have the label says it all and I found the black yoga mat at 5 and below @ 5.00 a roll

Attachments

• IMG20240211005510.jpg
    IMG20240211005510.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG20240211005518.jpg
    IMG20240211005518.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
After watching the vidocs for the new season of the TV show, I saw how they talked about the heir suits being more flexible, and to me they look like a more rubber material. That being said, anyone have ideas as.to how to make that kind of Armor? My thoughts are to make molds somehow, and would be very interested but know it's gonna be a hard, complex, and expensive endeavor.
I recommend checking out Offearth3d on instagram and youtube, he makes full polyurathane rubber odst suits, and he's pretty friendly and I think he would be more than willing to answer your questions. It does get pricey though, he has shared that one of his odst suits has costed over 10,000; although im sure there are cheaper ways to accomplish what youre looking for.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back