armor on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can open windows but if your furnace is in your basement like mine is, then your entire house is going to reek of resin. I have that problem when I bondo :D

Lol that would be a problem. My furnace is in my basement, but it is in a different room with a door. So that might help with the problem of making the whole house smell. One more question though. How ventilated does it have to be? They aren't big windows. They are the small rectangular basement windows on most houses. Is it ok to just open them a crack? Because I'm afraid that if they are open all the way, it will get too cold in there. I live in MA and it's been 23 degrees F all day. If i only open them a crack and put a heater in the room, the resin should cure fine. But with the windows all the way open, the heater can only keep the room above 55 degrees for a short amount of time. I called the resin 1-800 number and they said 55 degrees was the lowest temp it can cure at.

when you're doing small amounts you can mix a hot batch, this means that you just add more mekp than you normally would, it will cure in a colder temperature, but it will also be a bit more brittle.

Ah, ok thanks. So i can use it at lower temps. if i add extra hardener, but it will be more brittle and likely to break. I like normal amount of hardener and normal brittleness better :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back