Armor Questions

Shadow3944

New Member
Sucks, can't start a new topic anywhere else. -.-;

Oh well, Hi.

I'm going to mold armor and I have a few questions...
Should I make clay armor and cast off that? Or make it all from pepakura, resin and fiberglass it, and then make the molds?

Yeah... Hope to get some answers from some people that have done this before... Btw, I can't sculp very well with clay and I'm good with making paper things... Although resizing the pepakure troubles me... I'm 5' 7" if somebody could help, (I tried resizing a should and it came out too small. :cautious:)
 

Reilly

Jr Member
I would do pep first. Read the pep topics by MLC, Spase, and Doc Bytes. Their pep projects are great examples and you could probably pull something off like those if you take your time.
 

Shadow3944

New Member
OKay, I'll try that... It's just resizing the armor is the problem, for the scale, Should I make myself like 5'8" or 5'9"?

Edit just cuz...: So, also, What can I do to get more detail on the helmet and armor? The Pepakure stuff isn't really acurate on small detail. After resining and fiber glassing, could I put clay and stuff on?
 

Nicktendo

Well-Known Member
Shadow3944 said:
I'm 5' 7" if somebody could help, (I tried resizing a should and it came out too small. :cautious:)
Yeah, if you read the scaling sticky thoroughly, it says that you need to add a little bit of height since the formula uses a 7' MC from boot to top of helmet. Your head won't be at the very top of the helmet though, so add an inch or two. It'll probably take some trial and error. I've made two helmets so far, neither of which are going to work.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Reilly

Jr Member
Edit just cuz...: So, also, What can I do to get more detail on the helmet and armor? The Pepakure stuff isn't really acurate on small detail. After resining and fiber glassing, could I put clay and stuff on?
Well Flying_Squirel'S and Slyfo's model's are actually really accurate. But even if you still wanted to detail it you wouldn't want to add clay. This is because it can get deformed easily.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

sk8er4life

Well-Known Member
TwitchFMX8811 said:
if your looking for good detail with pep look at MLC's armor. Best so far

What about spses awsome pep helm? He went to molding but his first was pep and it looked amazing. Like it was always a mold. It all depends on how much time y6u put in to it. Check his topic in the pep forum. Its old so look back a few pages.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
If you are asking these questions and cant answer them from your own knowledge, dont make molded armor. Read every topic, every sticky, every pro tip, before you start, I would try making a pep suit and detailing it with cardboard here and there, check out MLC's armor, his was from pep, and now it looks molded after he applied filler.
 

Twitchfmx8811

Well-Known Member
iamyourcousin228 said:
What about spses awsome pep helm? He went to molding but his first was pep and it looked amazing. Like it was always a mold. It all depends on how much time y6u put in to it. Check his topic in the pep forum. Its old so look back a few pages.

Yea I know but he like alot of people just have a very detailed helm. MLC is on his way to a very detailed full set of armor. Thats just why I mentioned him
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow3944

New Member
AoBfrost said:
If you are asking these questions and cant answer them from your own knowledge, dont make molded armor. Read every topic, every sticky, every pro tip, before you start, I would try making a pep suit and detailing it with cardboard here and there, check out MLC's armor, his was from pep, and now it looks molded after he applied filler.
My question was for other peoples oppinions. Okay, I'll look at Spases Pep helm.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top