Armor regulations for division

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading the sticky post by adam. It said the armor we have must be top quality. Is that top quality like nightmare armor or top quality as in you aren't embarrassed to be seen in it? Personally, I feel that if we as long as it doesn't look horrible, they should be allowed in. After all, they can march in the center of the phalanx.

Chris

I'd probably see it as meaning armor that doesn't look like you threw it together.
:mrgreen:

I don't mean any offense by comparing to the 501st Legion, but they have a good charter as a model. They use the term "screen" accurate. Now that may vary here, polys and such LOL...but the goal could be something similar in that it could look as it stepped off the screen or could be real-life. Just a suggestion for the admins to help decision making.

we are looking into that but the thing is the 501st got theres or copies of them from the film......we need the people that wants to be in the 405th need to spend more time on there armor and dont rush it, it took me a year and half to make

Ok, so if the armor doesn't look like trash and it is obvious that they put alot of time into it to make it look good but it still isn't, say, Adams armor, are they still aloud in?

Chris

It sounds as if there will have to be a judging panel. :judge:

I think thats probably the way to go, but it should be kept constructive and positive.

Instead of saying that someones armor isn't good enough because of ____, it should be said ... your armor will pass if you can make these changes... and help them along.

Why would it be just for one type of suit?

Of course it should be for everything.. because an organization like this is constantly graded for consistency and realism by their peers. Whether public opinion is ..."Wow those guys are for real!" or "eh... I could have done better" is entirely based on consistency of appearance among it's members..

Look at it this way. Mjolnir Armor is here to teach you how to do this stuff. The 405th is the professional arm of costumers that have succeeded...

Mjolnir is here to help you to get to that level.

So let's say that you make a pepakura marine suit and you have an accurate set of clothing underneath the armor. Once the armor was resined and painted, it should technically be considered screen accurate, right? I mean, it is an exact replica from the game, the same idea as taking a suit of stormtrooper armor and copying it.

On a side note, we should get a section of the site set to tutorials. This site has help, but if we had all the knowledge you would need in one place, it'd make things a lot easier.

(for example)

halo 1 marine armor
1. Fabric for undersuit (what kind to get, what colors to look for)
2. Sculpting your armor (pepakura models, vacu-forming tutorial, etc.)
3. Making your helmet (lining the inside, eyepiece, etc.)
3. Detailing your armor (what colors to use, how to weather, etc.)
4. Putting it all together (attaching the armor, making it comfortable, etc.)

Hope this helps

papamurf812 said:
So let's say that you make a pepakura marine suit and you have an accurate set of clothing underneath the armor. Once the armor was resined and painted, it should technically be considered screen accurate, right? I mean, it is an exact replica from the game, the same idea as taking a suit of stormtrooper armor and copying it.

On a side note, we should get a section of the site set to tutorials. This site has help, but if we had all the knowledge you would need in one place, it'd make things a lot easier.

(for example)

halo 1 marine armor

Hope this helps
in the Molded Armor Discussion
they are sticky fighterstar and i are working on what to get for the marines

Last edited by a moderator:
link4044 said:
papamurf812 said:

(for example)

halo 1 marine armor

Hope this helps
in the Molded Armor Discussion
they are sticky fighterstar and i are working on what to get for the marines

I know, I just feel like it'd be easier if it was on the site because it'd probably be easier for more people to find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah ok....well its still a WIP....i think we had said somthing like that in th ebigger thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back