Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoalindiciple

Jr Member
couldn't you just sand then dent in the armor a bit and add paint to enhance the depth of the dent? has anyone tried that? i've done it on wooden carvings for guns, and for my models. which are like paper thin anyways.

shoalindiciple said:
couldn't you just sand then dent in the armor a bit and add paint to enhance the depth of the dent? has anyone tried that? i've done it on wooden carvings for guns, and for my models. which are like paper thin anyways.

People do do that--it's called "I meant to do that!" when the sander decides to gouge it's way across your beautiful flat plain of Bondo...

I think a lot of folks spend so much time and effort getting the fiberglass and bondo layers smooth and perfect, they can't bring themselves to then take the Dremel and destroy it. You can always easily paint over painted-on damage, but you'd have to sand off all the paint, refill the gouges, sand, and repaint if you later decide you want 'perfect' armor.

You could take a cast of the armor and do the damage to that. But, it all depends on your time and finances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back