Armour Alteration - Flood Infected ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the actual -censored-! That looks so awesome, I thought it was an ingame screenshot at first! Really awesome job, I hope this will inspire more people to do flood costumes. I actually had the same idea myself a while back, but I had some trouble with expanding foam so I ragequit, hah. Great job!

Wow.

Just, wow.

I as well thought that was a reference photo until I took a closer look at it.

Amazing.

Great photography too!

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

That is some insane work, and only within 5 days?! If I were at this zombie walk I'd let you catch me just so I could get a better look. :p

If they have a contest you will probably win.
d7170aa4c3f21f44fb6d929d69aafc3c.jpg

By the way they had a contest and the trophy fit in the claw pretty well.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

d7170aa4c3f21f44fb6d929d69aafc3c.jpg

You built that in FIVE DAYS!?
Ahem... Excuse me while I retrieve my jaw from the floor.

Fantastic build! Love the detailing. That trophy is well deserved. Do you think you'll attend a convention like this or return to human form?

Congrats on winning the contest! It was well earned for sure! Did you manage to learn the flood walk in time?

I as well thought that was a reference photo until I took a closer look at it.

Great photography too!

Thanks, I'll let my photographer know that you like it. She'll be pretty happy to hear that it's making the cut with the 405th. If you're ever out toward Vancouver or the Island, give me a shout and we can set up a shoot together with your build of the Chief.

Dayum! That's an awesome build.... period. That you did it in 5 days is heroic!

It only took five days because of all the different cure times of products used. 18 hours for expanding foam, minimum 12 for the paper mache... It was really just a game of time management.

You built that in FIVE DAYS!?

Fantastic build! Love the detailing. That trophy is well deserved. Do you think you'll attend a convention like this or return to human form?

Five working days. The benefit of working an office job that lets me go 0600-1400 is that I have all evening to just tinker and build like crazy.

The trophy is a bonus for sure, I just entered the contest because I heard there was a sweet prize. Part of that mystery box prize will show up in one of my upcoming builds so stay tuned for that.

If I'm going to wear this one to a convention I'll have to do some modification to it. Currently the ventilation is great but visibility is non-existent so I'll either have to hide some sort of spyglass/peephole or one way visibility mesh so that I won't have to be led around by a handler.

Congrats on winning the contest! It was well earned for sure! Did you manage to learn the flood walk in time?

I learned the broken-legs-lunge-step, being bow-legged definitely helps having everything look like it's at an even odder angle so yay genetics I guess. There's also video of me dancing which I'll probably post here with remaining photos taken once they're all cleaned up sparkly by my photographer.

Thanks, I'll let my photographer know that you like it. She'll be pretty happy to hear that it's making the cut with the 405th. If you're ever out toward Vancouver or the Island, give me a shout and we can set up a shoot together with your build of the chief.

You're on (although my getting to Vancouver or the island, suit in tow, is unlikely in the extreme). But still, you're on.

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

You're on (although my getting to Vancouver or the island, suit in tow, is unlikely in the extreme). But still, you're on.

And if I'm done mine I'm getting on board with this, I've only gone that far west once in my life when I was two. Why not make a return trip as a spartan right?

I do go to Calgary from time to time, never with the suit but who knows, pilgrimages might be worth it. We'll call it a "Great Journey", I'm sure some people will get on board with that plan.

Reactions: Jme
The Great March West?

The Great March West?

When you say "march" you mean drive/fly right? :p I think if we tried marching over 3 provinces in full spartan armour there would be casualties.

Haha, yes.

I was referencing when the Mounties headed out to Alberta in 1874.

I was referencing when the Mounties headed out to Alberta in 1874.

I just left it at Great Journey in case I go east or we all head south. Omni-directional and thematic!

I just left it at Great Journey in case I go east or we all head south. Omni-directional and thematic!

Good idea!

The Canadian Regiments Great Journey, will they travel amidst their own borders? Or will they take it one step further, down into the southern lands of the Americas, only time will tell.

Now it's REALLY Omni-directional and thematic. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back