There's a zombie walk coming up this weekend. I could be a dweeb and come in guns blazing like this. Or I could do the thing and be a madman with five days to build some gruesome Flood add-ons to the armour! The liquor fueled plan (happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone, go Jays go!) entailed building a cowl and sleeve that could be interchanged with the normal ODST helmet, shoulder and gauntlet to give a much more grisly and event appropriate outfit. Having this Monday off I got to work by running to the hardware store and pop-up halloween shop to find expanding foam and a spare head to add onto the cowl at a jaunty angle. For reference I have used the Halo 3 Flood Human Combat Form which is convenient because I have a completed suit, battle rifle and I am human. For the cowl I built up a supporting structure that will be locked into place on my chest rig by current fittings. All of this was built using scrap EVA from previous builds so that helped keep costs down and saved a trip to Canadian Tire. From there I covered the skeleton with 2mm craft foam after a test that the expanding foam adhered to it. For the record, Great Stuff Big Gap Insulating foam does adhere to EVA and craft foam so fill your boots, I don't really see it being a mainstay in the 405th toolbox but it's definitely a bit of knowledge that could come up at some point. The Technicolour Court Jester Cowl was then coated and is currently curing for the suggested 18 hours. Tomorrow the plan of action for the cowl is to trim excess foam and then shape with papier mache to build out the bulge where my view window will be, also hidden behind carrier tentacles. The foam head will be detailed into a less neutral expression and the body will be prepped for a latex coating. As well as the cowl's main structure I completed the core parts of the arm growths using a 4" ABS coupler, 1/2" PVC pipe that was leftover from previous projects and a bunch of EVA. The plan currently is to have two sections the white bicep and black claw joined by cloth to allow a consistent colour texture along the arm while still being able to move and bend at the elbow. The upper bicep will be connected with a female buckle to the male side that is currently attached to the shoulder strapping on the torso armour. The 1/2" pipe acts as a hand grip inside the gauntlet and there is a gap at the end beneath the claws which I can stick my fingers or hand through if I want to be accurate to the game model. One more smaller claw will be added and possibly some gross carrier style tentacles because why not. Four days remain, two for structural work and one for paint. don't worry guys, I got this.