Assassin's Creed Ezio Bracer / Vambrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassius

Jr Member
Hello ladies and gents. Since it is my first creation related topic I think it's okay to say a few words about myself. I'm Martin, I'm 23 YO and I live in Poland :). Making props was always some kind of dream to me but last time (like 7months ago) I decided to make the dream come true and after around 90h of research, design, redesign and actual work I present my very first WIP - vambrace from AC II. This one is more based on concept arts rather than ingame footage. Hope I will be able to finish it before summer and sell a couple of those because that's what I plan to do - professional props for sale. I even thought about doing something on kickstarter because I don't have enough money right now but... maybe later. I'm just another guy and I won't be able to convince people I'm the right person they want to invest in :p. Anyways this is one of two things I wan't to do for a living. ETA - 5th of July. I don't know how much I want to say about this right now but if u have any questions feel free to ask ^^. Oh and sorry about my english if there's anything hard to understand :p. Me english no good xD.

assassin__s_creed_ezio_bracer___vambrace_wip_by_gaiuscassius-d4ytdh2.jpg

My deviantArt
http://gaiuscassius.deviantart.com/#/d4ytdh2

Thank you good sir xD. I use fimo puppen. Super sculpey is not really available in my country. Besides it doesn't couse any problems while baking. I heard that super sculpey produces toxic gases or something :p. In final it will be made out some sort of silicon, as u know whole vambrace will be flexible :)

thats awesome man. I did a Skyrim emblem that I carved out of bondo which I put onto my xbox. actually If you cover a section to be worked on in bondo, then let it set for just a few minutes it is the perfect material to carve into. it is soft, almost like rubber, but also cures rock hard overnight.

Woa, cool :D. Pitty bondo is not available here -_-. Can you show us that emblem? Guess I will just have to stick with fimo for some time :).

Awesome! great sculpting work, do you plan on making the rest of the vambrace out of leather? Thats a whole nother' art form in itself

Thank you ^^! Decorative parts will be made out of silicon, the rest - leather. As U can see here http://droopaille.free.fr/Hidden-Blade-v1.jpg the leather part has some sort of pressured (is that how you say it?) marking inside V-shape element. I will do it as well. Right know I work on overall design of the element to make it wearable for multiple forearm sizes but still... it's almost 10 inches long so it's for pretty tall people like 5.7/6 feet.

Yeah, I pretty much know how to make it work, one guy even made it so I know it's possible :D. I even thought about the pistol but... it would be to heavy, besides there's a lot of other cool stuff to make. If I will sell some of those it will be a great support for me to create more wearable props :). Oh, tooled, right, thx :D

Woa, cool :D. Pitty bondo is not available here -_-. Can you show us that emblem? Guess I will just have to stick with fimo for some time :).

Hey ya go. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture when I had it fully carved up before I painted it. Im thinking about applying some sort of metal leaf to it, silver or bronze possibly.
2012-03-05_16-07-50_358.jpg

2012-03-06_16-14-08_531.jpg

Great work so far! I am a huge AC fan and have created several cosplays from each game. Quick question, Is the material you are sculpting with flexible? I only ask because it looks like you are scultping on a flat surface and the vambrace is obviously rounded. Not trying to be rude so sorry if it comes across as that I'm just curios as to what you plan to do! Again, fantastic job and I will be checking back when more progress has been made! :)

Great work so far! I am a huge AC fan and have created several cosplays from each game. Quick question, Is the material you are sculpting with flexible? I only ask because it looks like you are scultping on a flat surface and the vambrace is obviously rounded. Not trying to be rude so sorry if it comes across as that I'm just curios as to what you plan to do! Again, fantastic job and I will be checking back when more progress has been made! :)

Parts you see here are not flexible but they are not the final elements that will be used. I'm gonna make a mold for each part and reproduce them with polyurethane rubber :). And I'm glad u like it ^^

Parts you see here are not flexible but they are not the final elements that will be used. I'm gonna make a mold for each part and reproduce them with polyurethane rubber :). And I'm glad u like it ^^

I see makes sense now haha. Any ideas on a hidden blade? I've made quite a few gravity Xiphoids and if you have any questions or ideas to share I would be excited to collaborate with you. Then again you could have every planned out already and not need any help and if that is the case I will watch on the edge of my chair for updates!

gravity based mechanisms are accurate to what u can see on trailers from ACI. Concept arts from ACII are helpful but still... they do not represent the real thing that would work both ways. What u have to do is to connect two mechanisms - otf knife mechanism and... ballpoint mechanism. That's how I fell it should be made. OTF gives you ability to lock/unlock long knife with short hand move and ballpoint mechanism allows you to unlock/unlock with the same forward movement. You don't really notice it but it's quite amazing how ballpoints work :)

here is a video of how ezio's blade works its a minimalist concept but you'll get the idea

Last edited by a moderator:
really cool, yeah i use fimo, i find it much easier to work with because it doesnt seem to get as rock hard as super sculptey overnight wich causes the need to knead it and warm it up. i used it in 8th grade to make pins and sell them to raise money for a school field trip to bermuda, and made almost a thousand dollars on it. really neat;)

1000$? Wow... that's... really nice. Hope I'll be able to earn similar money out of it xD. Oh and btw. - small offtopic. Skyrim helmet I made a couple of days ago. Just wanted to know how it feels to work with pepakura and I must say... I like it :)! Would love to make a whole IronMan Mark VI costume ^^

skyrim_iron_helmt_wip_i_by_gaiuscassius-d4zudnf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back