Assassins Creed, Malfatto Plague Doctor mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude that syringe is sick!!! Your paint jobs are always amazing. Whats the liquid in it?
It is yellow highlighter ink and blue food coloring mixed to a semi opague fluid.

wow, totally sick might have to come see you next time im sick or injured
Haha, I can help a there. That syringe cures all diseases.

I always found the doctor the creepiest templar.....
This is correct :D *creepy laugh*

Amazing work!
Thank you!

Please don't killme in my sleep D:

You so scary ._.
I don't promise anything.

This is so cool! I've never played assassin's creed, but this build makes me want to!
DO IT! It is awesome.

The mask and syringe is incredible! Very nice work!
Thanks you!

Looks a lot like highlighter fluid to me.
You are correct sir!

dang that is awesome man :)
Thank you as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update! yay!
Here is the hat that I made custom patterns for and my step mom AWESOMELY sewed for me!

PlagueDoctor11.jpg

PlagueDoctor12.jpg

Hoody dcotor!
PlagueDoctor13.jpg

Holy Monkeys the doctor mask is epic! Forgive me if this seems a silly question but I'm new to fiberglass prop making. So you used a fiberglass mold then sculpted the clay over it? Or the other way around?
I sculpted it out of j-525. It is a very hard clay. I would recommend something softer. But the 525 works fairly well.

My syringe is almost done. I required a lot more work than was expected. But it is looking great.

that is a perfect hat, mask and syringe! well done!
how and what did you use to make that syringe? especially the liquid vial, every time i try to make a liquid vial, either the liquid goes funny or the seal starts to leak.

Holy Monkeys the doctor mask is epic! Forgive me if this seems a silly question but I'm new to fiberglass prop making. So you used a fiberglass mold then sculpted the clay over it? Or the other way around?

I sculpted it out of clay and cast it out of fiberglass and resin.

that is a perfect hat, mask and syringe! well done!
how and what did you use to make that syringe? especially the liquid vial, every time i try to make a liquid vial, either the liquid goes funny or the seal starts to leak.

Thank you sir. I just cut a bit of clear tube, I made the encaps with a groove in them(one has a hole in the top of it) I put an o-ring in the groove to create a seal. To keep it in place and extra waterproofing I pulled the encap out to where the o-ring was juuuuust at the edge then filled that gap with silicone sealent and pushed it back in and let it dry. Then I filled the vial with the liquid with a syringe through the top hole, siliconed that hole and presto.

I just break up the fiberglass mat(to make it a bit more flexible. Brush some resin in the mold. Lay down the fiber mat. Dap the brush on it to get it to stick to the surface. This one was tricky because of the nose and the deep "eye circles". But the new one will have less eye circle but nore nose :D The new sculpt has turned out great. At least I'm pleased with it anyways. I will be molding it today. Maybe when I get home I will take some sculpt pics and post them.
Yes please definitely post pics of your sculpt, I would love to see how the second turns out.

I sculpted it out of clay and cast it out of fiberglass and resin.

Thank you sir. I just cut a bit of clear tube, I made the encaps with a groove in them(one has a hole in the top of it) I put an o-ring in the groove to create a seal. To keep it in place and extra waterproofing I pulled the encap out to where the o-ring was juuuuust at the edge then filled that gap with silicone sealent and pushed it back in and let it dry. Then I filled the vial with the liquid with a syringe through the top hole, siliconed that hole and presto.
impressive! i can see how that would work well!

what kind of liquid did you use? i've had issue with sediments and the liquid going, on one occasion, rancid.. :S

Edit: also what did you use to make the actual mold?
fiberglass is an exelent way of making the final piece, but did you make the actual mold from silicone? or plaster? or something else

That mask and hat are amassing ~ I'm also working on a Malfatto cosplay/outfit, of his Advanced Gear. I was wondering what you used of the eyes? As well as how your hat was made? I've been able to get close to it, but your's is much better made from the pattern you made right?

Here's a cool plague doctor by Tom Banwell.
Hoody+right+angle.jpg

and a steampunk style plague doctor mask.
Left%2Bangle%2Bvignette.jpg

Traditionally, the beak would be filled with herbs to "purify" the air that the doctor is breathing. The doctor would wear a long coat that would be covered in wax or resin to further protect from disease. The plague doctor mask is a primitive ancestor to our modern gas mask. The most famous plague doctor is Nostradamus, who encouraged people to drink only boiled water and sleep on fresh clean linens.

Great work!

impressive! i can see how that would work well!

what kind of liquid did you use? i've had issue with sediments and the liquid going, on one occasion, rancid.. :S

Edit: also what did you use to make the actual mold?
fiberglass is an exelent way of making the final piece, but did you make the actual mold from silicone? or plaster? or something else

I mae mold out of silicone. As a general rule: When casting out of a material that will be rigid, you need a flexible mold(silicone, latex, etc). When casting out of a sofe or flexible material, you need a rigin mold(plaster, urethane, etc). I'm sure there are exeptions, but thats how I have always done it. The viles were nothing short of a major pain in the @$$. But they came out ok so its worth it. The liquid is highlighter ink and food dye mixed with water to juuuuust the right opague-ness and color.

That mask and hat are amassing ~ I'm also working on a Malfatto cosplay/outfit, of his Advanced Gear. I was wondering what you used of the eyes? As well as how your hat was made? I've been able to get close to it, but your's is much better made from the pattern you made right?

The eyes are just made from clear plastic cut into lenses and tinted with some chrome window tint. I also dry brush some "weathering" on the edges of the lenses before I glue them in. The hat is vinyl, I made the patterns myself.

Nice mask pics dung. I also like the info. Thats why I have always liked the plague doctors. They're just so dang creepy.

Bloodletting angone?

Haha, i love these types of masks. I got some modeling clay today and made one. Saw this on the internet and thought it to be funny

Plague_Doctor_T_Shirt_by_Forfaxia.jpg

Great work man!

Yes, it has to be the crappiest thing ever though.

PlagueDnMe.jpg

My camera is horrible, and as you might guess, im a complete noob. The beak is nice and lumpy. And its small too. But i like it even though i can't wear it

i know this is a few months old but dude, that looks awesome. im making my brother a doctor costume right now and im making myself a footpad costume. you should try to build the whole suit man.

This is spectacular, and I myself am working on a Malfatto Costume for Halloween. Might I get some more insight with the hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back