Assualt Rifle Concept

Syphon

Member
Hey guys, i recently came up with a plan to fit my old paintball gun into a Assault Rifle frame and have a 9 0z can of CO2 hidden in the stock to allow it to shoot

Concept Pic:
AssaulRifleConceptcopy.gif


i know its a lil rough cut, but its just in the preliminary stages now, im also thinking about starting up a rocket launcher project soon as i find a couple more essential pieces, might even make it so that i can switch out tubes (that will take a bit tho :cautious: )

my biggest concern with the whole assault rifle/paintball prop is how to fill the assault rifle frame to make the paintball gun fit in nice and tight, i dont plan on taking the gun back out once it is in, suggestions/ideas/criticisms would be great! :D


-Syphon
 

Farris

Member
Syphon said:
Hey guys, i recently came up with a plan to fit my old paintball gun into a Assault Rifle frame and have a 9 0z can of CO2 hidden in the stock to allow it to shoot

Concept Pic:
AssaulRifleConceptcopy.gif


i know its a lil rough cut, but its just in the preliminary stages now, im also thinking about starting up a rocket launcher project soon as i find a couple more essential pieces, might even make it so that i can switch out tubes (that will take a bit tho :cautious: )

my biggest concern with the whole assault rifle/paintball prop is how to fill the assault rifle frame to make the paintball gun fit in nice and tight, i dont plan on taking the gun back out once it is in, suggestions/ideas/criticisms would be great! :D
-Syphon

Perhaps you could go ahead and make the assault rifle shell in 2 pieces, one left and one right. If you're familiar with Tippmann 98's, it would be a similar clamshell design. You would have to open it to get the CO2 tank off anyway. Then you could make a mold of your paintball gun (2 part, left and right), trim the outside of it, and stick it into the assault rifle shell.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

muffinman868

Jr Member
Looks pretty good, ive been trying to fiqure something out like that as well. One idea is a BR and the scope is the hopper and also an aeg airsoft gun will work well in a AR because all it is, is a barrel, magazine, gearbox, and battery. So it would fit in any space. Ill post some pics if i can later.
 

box o crayons

Well-Known Member
muffinman868 said:
Looks pretty good, ive been trying to fiqure something out like that as well. One idea is a BR and the scope is the hopper and also an aeg airsoft gun will work well in a AR because all it is, is a barrel, magazine, gearbox, and battery. So it would fit in any space. Ill post some pics if i can later.
i don't think the scope for hopper would work its to big but if it was teh gears sniper it would. but what i would do is do what farris said and mold the gun then put that inside the AR and hold it togethor by bolts over it so all you have is a seam down it. or if you don't want the seam make the stock removable so you can slide out your gun if you need to change something.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MisterChief

Jr Member
molding would be the best way but it's difficult. If your willing to do the work and research for it GO AHEAD! But I've tried molding and it is so hard...
 

Syphon

Member
Farris said:
Perhaps you could go ahead and make the assault rifle shell in 2 pieces, one left and one right. If you're familiar with Tippmann 98's, it would be a similar clamshell design. You would have to open it to get the CO2 tank off anyway. Then you could make a mold of your paintball gun (2 part, left and right), trim the outside of it, and stick it into the assault rifle shell.

My initial thought was to make a pepakura shell then fit the gun inside and secure it with expandable foam, but i wasn't sure how good that would work,


@ muffin~> they make a hopper called a Q-loader that fits under your paintball marker, the only problem with it is that it is kinda large, and expensive, but it might be something worth looking into if ya want to go that route, im not that worried about shoot paintballs, just using the CO2 discharge for effect since the gun im using is broke and cant shoot painballs anyway

thanks for the ideas guys
-Syphon
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Farris

Member
Here's my tips on the Q-Loader. If you play anywhere that can get to be really hot, don't even think about running cheap paint through it as the paint will end up getting squished/warped from the spring tension. It can also be very temperamental. Also, if the hose comes loose (which can and will happen) it will spill your paint everywhere.

However, it is still a great concept and product and the people that work for them are very helpful and friendly.

But, if you don't plan on shooting the gun, this is a non-issue... But out of curiosity, what's broken on it? If it can still cycle and doesn't leak air, what is wrong with it? Can't be something that major.
 

muffinman868

Jr Member
You should get the exact dimensions and stuff of where you are going to put the paintball gun inside then make and inside mold of the gun on each side of the ar mold so u can just place it in there and hold the shell "the ar" with pins so it comes in half easy for maintinece and refills of co2 (if it doesnt make sense i can explain better)
 

Syphon

Member
Farris said:
Here's my tips on the Q-Loader. If you play anywhere that can get to be really hot, don't even think about running cheap paint through it as the paint will end up getting squished/warped from the spring tension. It can also be very temperamental. Also, if the hose comes loose (which can and will happen) it will spill your paint everywhere.

However, it is still a great concept and product and the people that work for them are very helpful and friendly.

But, if you don't plan on shooting the gun, this is a non-issue... But out of curiosity, what's broken on it? If it can still cycle and doesn't leak air, what is wrong with it? Can't be something that major.

the part that holds the paint still in the barrel(cant think of the name at the moment) is either non-existent or broke, which allows more than one paintball in the barrel at once and results in 5 or 6 paintballs getting shot when i pull the trigger and each only go about 10 feet instead of one ball at 300 fps like it should, i replaced the marker in the picture with a Spyder MR1 i use for woods paintball so i dont really have any reason to keep this gun around, so i thought i would turn it into a prop :D


yea muffin, i see what ya are saying, i was thinking of making the very end of the stock removable and sliding the CO2 container in through that opening, then ya just close it back up and it (hopefully) looks like you never had it apart

@ finnish~> oh yea, its definitely not accurate, i sketched that up in photoshop in about 5 minutes with the line tool and pepekura model as a reference, ill go back over it and get it all to scale when i finally set down and get ready to do it
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Syphon

Member
Twisting_Neather said:
How wide is that CO2 canister?

the CO2 container in the picture is a 26oz container and is about 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide

Radio, im thinking of making the butt of the gun open up with a hinge or something that will allow access to the CO2 when open and be virtually invisible when it is closed


I will be starting on the AR pretty soon, im almost done with my mark VI helm (Whoo!) and this is the next project i have planned after that
 
Last edited by a moderator:
After checking my assembled pep AR, it seems that a 9oz tank is about an inch too long in length, and about a 1/2 in. too thick if you want to fit it in there. The AR is full scale too (about 78 cm in length, no barrel)
 
Top