Attatching foam to gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDashIVXx

Sr Member
So (pretty much) the last thing I have to do for my armor is the gloves. I attatched craft foam and fabrics to my suit using velcro sewed into the suit and foam ro friction fit it into place. I am onto the gloves now. How do I attatch the peices? I have read you can sew them down, but wont the foam RIP off eventually or the thread wrinkle it or something? Also for the hand plate I have a chunk of eva foam. How do i attatch that as my hand is mostly round and the corners of the player keep lifting off the sides of my hand.

Also if I were to glue them down, how do I glue it without my hand in the glove or the glue seeping through so when I wear it the glue rubs/scratches me

For the gloves I have used I attached it with contact cement. Make sure contact cement is properly cured on glove and foam before adhering. To assemble I wear the glove. I wear a nitrile glove ( can't wear latex... Allergies) under the glove I am assembling.
20180219_125529.jpg

For the gloves I have used I attached it with contact cement. Make sure contact cement is properly cured on glove and foam before adhering. To assemble I wear the glove. I wear a nitrile glove ( can't wear latex... Allergies) under the glove I am assembling.
View attachment 269648
Cool! I completely forgot contact cement was a thing. This should work perfectly! I'll try it out! Thank you!

For any other readers, I used hot glue to do this while my hand was in a thin glove. Yes, it hurts, don’t do it. Worked though...
I first tried using superglue while wearing the glove and no protection. I have no idea what I was thinking, but it was a terrible idea that caused me to burn my fingers, rip off the skin attatched to the top of my finger(I still think it is glued to the inside of the glove) and lots of stinging... dont be a dummy like me future readers!

I first tried using superglue while wearing the glove and no protection. I have no idea what I was thinking, but it was a terrible idea that caused me to burn my fingers, rip off the skin attatched to the top of my finger(I still think it is glued to the inside of the glove) and lots of stinging... dont be a dummy like me future readers!
Haha oh man this reminds me of an incident years ago. My brother and i I think we’re anout 10-12 yrs old (don’t remeber exactly when it was). But anyway my brother thought it would be a wise idea to super glue his 2 big toes together. It wasnt just a little drop either. They were glued. Haha Didn’t end too well. One toes skin had to give. Sorry pretty off topic but you just stirred up some funnt memories.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back