Aztlan's Halo 4 Rogue + Binary Rifle + M6H + Exo-suit WIP, PIC HEAVY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last pic makes it looks like Evakura has found a way to birth nyan cats out of foam. ;)

__nyan_cat_galaxy___wallpaper_by_sonyrootkit-d4p832e.jpg

Though, it does explain what dark powers he has consorted to be the bonified avatar of foamkura.

Attachments

• __nyan_cat_galaxy___wallpaper_by_sonyrootkit-d4p832e.jpg
    __nyan_cat_galaxy___wallpaper_by_sonyrootkit-d4p832e.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 154
The wait is over! Minus a few minor details, hardening, and paint... the very first (that I know of) HALO 4 Jetpack is done! There were a bunch of really tricky angles to negotiate and even more guess work due to the limited reference files I had at my disposal. I would say that it is pretty darned close to game accurate and it was a blast to make.

I even designed it to make sure that it would clear the Rogue back JUST barely.

Without further ado... I give you...

SAM_1179_zps16383834.jpg

SAM_1180_zpse9ec44fa.jpg

SAM_1181_zpseb3e7f2e.jpg

SAM_1182_zps897f9f07.jpg

Let me know what y'all think!!!!!

Attachments

• SAM_1182_zps897f9f07.jpg
    SAM_1182_zps897f9f07.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 127
  • SAM_1181_zpseb3e7f2e.jpg
    SAM_1181_zpseb3e7f2e.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 136
  • SAM_1180_zpse9ec44fa.jpg
    SAM_1180_zpse9ec44fa.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 151
  • SAM_1179_zps16383834.jpg
    SAM_1179_zps16383834.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 123
great looking jetpack man, your foam work is spot on, makes me want to start on a spartan 4. then again, rogue is my favorite set of armor from H4 anyhow, so it makes sense.

Jetpack and Hologram? Nice. Good looking Jetpack and Hologram...
...ERROR...
...ERROR CODE AWSM-9999...
...RE INITIALIZING...

Sorry about that, it overloaded the awesomeness calculation computer.

Thank you all!

I have had a productive day again. The jetpack is fully PVA'ed, and will get its Plasti-dip treatment tomorrow, as well as starting to get painted. Also, I worked a bit on the Exo-suit and completed the left lower leg portion. Now that I understand how I am doing it, the right should be a breeze. Then all that is left is the beltline. Easy Peasy! With that update on the Exo-suit, I feel pretty comfortable saying that the construction of it should be done by mid-week. Then I will just have to work out the paint scheme.

Now, for my latest. All this needs is the final matte clear coat and it is completed. I present, armor upgrade - T-27 Responsive Holographic Form Emulator

SAM_1185_zps9b96f9f2.jpg

SAM_1183_zps062ee878.jpg

SAM_1186_zpsb331c88a.jpg

Yet another piece to the Rogue puzzle completed. Can you start to visualize my color scheme? :)

Attachments

• SAM_1185_zps9b96f9f2.jpg
    SAM_1185_zps9b96f9f2.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 135
  • SAM_1186_zpsb331c88a.jpg
    SAM_1186_zpsb331c88a.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 132
  • SAM_1183_zps062ee878.jpg
    SAM_1183_zps062ee878.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 119
Looks awesome dude. Just curious, how did you carve out the UNSC portion? Sandpaper?

Funny you should ask! That was a stencil that I made from cardstock. Only problem was, the paint kept bleeding through, no matter how carefully I dabbed the foam brush. So, I just painted over my mistake and used spray adhesive on the cardstock stencil and used that instead. Oddly enough, it was the exact raised appearance I wanted. (I was going to drop shadow the paint)

Wow. This whole thing is just turning out so well. I can't wait to see the finished product. Out of curiosity, how did you make those little nails? Are they real or made with more rainbow-colored foam magic?

Wow. This whole thing is just turning out so well. I can't wait to see the finished product. Out of curiosity, how did you make those little nails? Are they real or made with more rainbow-colored foam magic?

And I wish they were made of magic! More like $5 worth of hex head cap screws and Phillips heads screws! Yeah, I cheated! But I will use just about anything for added realism. In fact, the center orange piece is translucent so I can put a LED behind it. It was made from a lid off a Tupperware container I found at the thrift store (yes, I was specifically looking for just that!) that I cut to shape and size.

So I guess the magic will have to be caged until either I finish the Exo-suit or the Jetpack :)

Well, minus the beltline, the Exo-suit construction is completed. I did make a quick video that I shared with Arcanine, but she stated that the world was not ready to see it yet :)

So, here is what it looks like so far, all put together (the MC helmet is for display purposes only). I did have to make a few on-the-fly repairs as I was putting it on (which was expected), and had one tear that I knew was going to show up eventually. Luckily, the repair and prevention for that will be easy and allowed me to figure a way to solve a problem I have been experiencing with the neck diameter being too small. I don't really care for almost tearing off my ears each time it put on and take off the torso!

The distance between the codpiece and the lower abdomen will be shored up with the addition of the beltline.

SAM_1187_zpse02da9ff.jpg

I had to hold up the butt area because it has nothing to support it yet... hence, the beltline. Also, in this picture, you can see that the boots don't quite align with the lower leg. That will be corrected once they have the connection system in place.

SAM_1188_zpsd8871a4d.jpg

SAM_1189_zpseb17c845.jpg

Since I will hold off until tomorrow on the beltline construction, I will go ahead and finish painting the Jetpack. All that is left to do there is to do the detail and distressing.

I did purchase some more LEDs with the intention of using them on the Jetpack (red and blue square ones) but am now unsure if I want to use them. I don't know where I would place them and also am not sure they would compliment it. Initially, I wanted to have red lights that strobe, but they didn't have flashing ones in stock and I don't want to take the time to add a flashing module. Oh well, I will figure something out eventually I am sure :)

EDIT: Ok, I decided to go ahead and do the video anyways! The last bit was what Arcanine saw, and you will understand why she said what she said :)

Attachments

• SAM_1188_zpsd8871a4d.jpg
    SAM_1188_zpsd8871a4d.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 142
  • SAM_1187_zpse02da9ff.jpg
    SAM_1187_zpse02da9ff.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 134
  • SAM_1189_zpseb17c845.jpg
    SAM_1189_zpseb17c845.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:
That is PURE AWESOME!
The amount of movement you still have is just wow...
Can't wait to see it all finished. :)

Thanks!!! I hope the movement stays the same after I complete the connecting beltline. I "think" I have enough elastic for that task :)

With no other pending projects - minus the Rogue set - the Exo-suit has taken the front-and-center stage to be completed. My hope is to have the construction phase done tomorrow evening. Then I will likely move on to the plasti-dip phase so that I can wipe that piece from my to-do list.

Here is the project I completed tonight.

I introduce... the UNSC Armor Ability, Lethbridge Industrial Series 12 Single Operator Lift Apparatus (SOLA) Jetpack

SAM_1193_zpsd231b340.jpg

SAM_1194_zps8f3de8e7.jpg

My goal to have the hands-down most complete set is getting closer to becoming a reality :) Still a long road ahead of me though.

Attachments

• SAM_1193_zpsd231b340.jpg
    SAM_1193_zpsd231b340.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 132
  • SAM_1194_zps8f3de8e7.jpg
    SAM_1194_zps8f3de8e7.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 125
When EVA Foamies have dreams it's to one day become a part your builds.

You killin' me Smalls! Somehow, you made the foam we work with sound.... "cute"! Almost makes me cringe when taking a blade to it now :)

So, I have had a late start to the day, and if I finish the beltline on the Exo-suit, it will not be until quite late tonight.

Also, I am thinking about making a new instructional video on blade and handle position while cutting EVA. I believe I have a really good set of techniques I have created/figured out that maximize the ability to create a clean cut for multiple instances. I think this is a critical technique that has been vastly overlooked in instructional videos/threads and feel that the EVA foam building community would greatly benefit from me sharing my knowledge on it.

If you think this would be something that you would benefit from, making it worth my time to invest in making a script and video, please let me know... otherwise I will keep thinking of other things that might benefit the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back